Bull' Hit Comedy Club
- The Bulls Head
Mayday, mayday! Yes, Bull’s Hitters – you will need help when your sides split in totally new ways, because on May Day itself – Wednesday 1st May 2019 – we have the wildly original, unpredictable and goddamn fliamin’ hilarious Mr. TONY LAW headlining the Bull’s Hit Comedy Club!
May, as I say, day…
He’s got a wealth of TV experience under his belt (Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Have I Got News for You, Russell Howard’s Good News, Comedy Central and BBC Radio 4) but the best, truest way to see this Edinburgh Fringe stalwart and award-winning, incandescent comic is LIVE - and now’s your chance.
Some accolades and what others have said…
Chortle Best Club Comic 2013
Chortle Best Show Award 2013
Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award Nominee 2012
Chortle Breakthrough Act Winner 2012
Amused Moose Laughter Award 2011
“PLAYFUL, MISCHEVIOUS, MERCURIAL AND INFINITELY LIVELY.” * * * * Daily Telegraph
“DELIVERS THE KIND OF DELICIOUSLY DEMENTED STREAM OF CONSCIOUSNESS YOU MIGHT GET IF YOU PUT HARRY HILL & SEAN LOCK IN A BLENDER.” * * * * Evening Standard
“CHAOS HAS RARELY BEEN THIS FINELY CONSTRUCTED, AND SO MUCH FUN.” * * * * Times
“TAKES POSTMODERN STAND-UP TO A DANGEROUSLY FUNNY NEW LEVEL.” * * * * Guardian
“INSPIRED NONSENSE.” * * * * Scotsman
“TONY LAW TAKES A HIGHLY ENJOYABLE CRAP ON COMEDY CONVENTIONS AND MANAGES TO BE CLEVER IN A WAY THAT DOESN’T MAKE YOU WANT TO THROTTLE HIM.” * * * * Adam Buxton
“TONY LAW, THE SHERPA OF STAND-UP, LEADS AN EXPEDITION TO UNDISCOVERED ALPEN UPLANDS OF LAUGHTER.” * * * * Stewart Lee
So, I think we can all agree, worth a look.
We’re also exceedingly chuffed to announce that Tony will be most ably supported by the splendid DAMIAN KINGSLEY, who has garnered a number of industry accolades and shining reviews, and been a winner, shortlisted or otherwise done well in a bunch of respected competitions. And he’s just a very nice, funny chap really, best known for his penniless “Knock Knock” tour in 2016, when he travelled from Land’s End to the Edinburgh Fringe without any money, performing over 100 shows across the country, with the proceeds going to Shelter, the bad housing and homelessness charity, and raising 21K within six months.
And here’s some hard evidence…
Shortlisted for the Malcolm Hardee Cunning Stunt Award 2017
Comedy Cafe New Act of the Year Finalist 2013
WeGotTickets Brighton Fringe New Act Second Place 2012
Last Minute Comedy New Act of the Year Second Place 2012
Up the Creek Best of the Best New Acts Showcase 2012
“Kingsley made us roar with his witty sketches about life, love and general embarrassment, throwing in a few brilliant metaphors and mixing them through his intelligent comedy.” Broadway Baby, Edinburgh Fringe 2012
“Slick, well-evoked, anecdotal material powered by punchlines.” Chortle
“A considerable talent, with strong anecdotal humour.” Three Weeks, Edinburgh 2011
So there you have it, I think we can all agree you really do not want to miss this. It’s going to be a lovely, warm, zany, clever show. Don’t forget the Bulls Head runs a sweet “Dinner & Comedy” deal for £25, if y’all want to get there early for nice food. Either way, you’re well-advised to book in advance, details below.
Roll up, trot up, take a run-up, but do join us for a cracking night on Wednesday 1st May. That is all.
The Bull’s Hit Comedy Club with TONY LAW, DAMIAN KINGSLEY and NEIL McFARLANE (MC)
Wednesday 1st May 2019
Doors 8.00pm, show 8.30pm
£10 in advance (plus £1 booking fee)
The Jazz Room
The Bulls Head in Barnes, SW13
Bulls Hit Comedy
Access to the Comedy
|19:50 - 22:30||£11.00|
Dinner and Bulls Hit Comedy
dinner and a guaranteed table in the Comedy Club
|18:00 - 22:30||£25.00|
The Bulls Head, 373, Lonsdale Road, Barnes, SW13 9PY
Barnes Bridge (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.