WSET Level 2 Course
- No reviews.
- Humble Grape Canary Wharf
Working with The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), the foremost international body in the field of wine certifications, we will virtually provide students the sought-after qualifications to gain their Level 2 Award in Wines. All-star WSET Educator & Humble Group Wine Buyer, Desiree Russo, will host students in our beautiful wine bar in Canary Wharf for 8 sessions.
The course will cover:
• How to taste and describe wine using the WSET Level 2 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine®(SAT)
• How environmental factors, grape-growing, winemaking and maturation options influence the style and quality of wines made from eight principal grape varieties (Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio/Gris, Sauvignon Blanc, Riesling, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Syrah/Shiraz)
• The style and quality of wines: made from 22 regionally important grape varieties (e.g. Nebbiolo, Malbec and Viognier)produced in over 70 geographical indications (GIs) around the world
• How grape varieties and winemaking processes influence key styles of Sparkling wines & Fortified wines
• Key labelling terms used to indicate origin, style and quality
• Principles and processes involved in the storage and service of wine
• Principles of food and wine pairing
On successful completion, you will be a more confident wine taster, able to describe and compare the styles of wines produced from internationally and regionally important grape varieties. You'll know how to interpret wine labels from the main wine-producing regions of the world, and how to store, serve, taste and pair wines to get the best out of every glass.
Session 1: 6 September 18:30 - 20:00
Course induction | Tasting technique | Pairing Wine and Food
(Supplies Students will need for this lesson: salt, lemon, sweet biscuit, soy sauce)
Factors Influencing the Production of Red Wines | Pinot Noir | Zinfandel/Primitivo
Session 3: 20 September 18:30 - 20:00
Factors Influencing the Production of White, Sweet and Rosé Wines | Riesling | Chenin Blanc | Sémillon/Semillon | Furmint
Session 4: 27 September 18:30 - 20:00
Chardonnay | Sauvignon Blanc | Pinot Grigio/Pinot Gris | Gewurztraminer | Viognier | Albariño
Session 5: 4 October 18:30 - 20:00
Merlot | Cabernet Sauvignon | Syrah/Shiraz
Session 6: 11 October 18:30 - 20:00
Gamay | Grenache/Garnacha | Tempranillo | Carmenère | Malbec | Pinotage
Session 7: 18 October 18:30 - 20:00
Cortese | Garganega | Verdicchio | Nebbiolo | Barbera | Corvina | Sangiovese | Montepulciano
Session 8: 25 October 18:30 - 20:00
Sparkling Wines & Fortified Lessons | One Hour Examination
Online Digital Exam ("RI Exam"**) | 30 October | 1 PM
About WSET Level 2 Award in Wines:
The WSET Level 2 Award in Wines is the perfect wine course for beginners wishing to learn about a wide range of grapes and styles, as well as those seeking to build on the introductory knowledge gained with the WSET Level 1 Award in Wines (however if you have some wine knowledge & interest, WSET Level 1 is not a prerequisite for this course). You’ll gain enviable knowledge of the principal and regionally important grape varieties of the world, the regions in which they are grown, and the styles of wine they produce.
This qualification has a minimum requirement of 28 hours of study time, including:
• 16 hours of guided learning (in the classroom or online)
• 11 hours of personal study and revision
• A one-hour examination
Any questions about this course (or about the wines) please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
WSET Level 2 WSET Level 2 Course (6/09: 13/09: 20/09, 27/09; 4/10; 11/10; 18/10; 25;10)
WSET Level 2 Online: The Course (24/5; 31/5; 7/6; 14/6; 21/6; 28/6; 5/7) Evenings
|18:30 - 20:00||£525.00|
Humble Grape Canary Wharf, 18-20 Mackenzie Walk, London, E14 4PH
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.