WSET Level 1 Online: The Course (10/08, 11/08, 12/08) Evenings
- No reviews.
- Online Event
(Heads up: this product only represents the course. Wines are to be purchased separately)
We have brought WSET to the online world!
Working with The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET), the foremost international body in the field of wine certifications, we will virtually provide students the sought-after qualifications to gain their Level 1 Award in Wines. All-star WSET Educator & Humble Wine Manager, Desiree Russo, will host students on Zoom for 3 two-hour sessions.
The course will cover:
The main types and styles of wine
Common wine grapes and their characteristics
How to make food and wine pairings
Tutored tasting of six wines
How to store and serve wine
How to describe wine using the WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
By the end of the course, you’ll be able to taste wine using a globally recognised approach, identify key styles of wine and characteristics of important grape varieties. You’ll also learn the key principles of food and wine pairing and how to apply these to your own food and wine choices.
Online Session 1: 10 August 2021; 5:30-7PM
An Introduction to Wines
Supplies students need for this session: 4x red/black table grapes
Online Session 2 & 3: 11 August 2021; 5:30-7PM
Understanding the Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine | Storage and Service
Online Session 4: 12 August 2021; 5:30-7:30PM
Food and Wine Pairing
Supplies students will need for this session: Salt, Lemon, Sweet Biscuit, Soy Sauce
Sessions will be recorded, to provide students with additional reference tools
In-Person Exam at Humble Grape Fleet Street (EC4Y 8EJ) Choice of
Aug 14 2021; 3:30-4:30pm
Digital Exam** (RI Exam): Choice of
Aug 14 2021; 3:30-4:30pm
**There is an additional cost of +£25 for the "RI Exam", your interest & payment will have to be confirmed 15 business days prior to the exam date!
Desiree will operate schedule virtual "office hours" to discuss your study questions & chat about the previous lessons.
About WSET Level 1 Award in Wines:
This course is an ideal starting point for wine enthusiasts wanting to get to grips with the basics, or those embarking on a career in wine or hospitality. In a short space of time, you’ll find yourself feeling much more confident tasting wine, navigating a wine list, buying bottles and pairing wine with food.
Any questions about this course (or about the wines) please contact email@example.com
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.