Saturday 21 October 2017 and Sunday 12 November 2017
09:30 - 17:30
Tickets from £140
Classes, Food & Drink, Something A Little Different, Daytime
City of London
The Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) was founded in 1969 to provide high quality education and training in wines and spirits. Since then, WSET has grown into the foremost international body in the field of wines and spirits education, with a suite of sought-after qualifications.
The aim of WSET LEVEL1 course is to give a basic introduction to wine followed by some basic food & wine pairing.
All Students will be given 6 ISO Tasting Glasses, food & wine required for the course. Successful students will receive a certificate and WSET Level 1 Award in wine lapel pin.
The main styles of wine
The WSET Level 1 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine
The characteristics of the common grape varieties used to produce wine
Service of wine
Health, safety and legal issues
The pairing of food and wine
To gain the qualification students need to successfully pass a multiple-choice paper of 30 questions
Silvia is the founder of Divino in Vino, a boutique wine service based in London, offering tastings, workshops and events.
Before becoming a sommelier, Silvia wrote about wine as a journalist in Florence, but quickly realised that writing wasn't enough & began organising events at Studio Umami, and worked at the renowned Florentine wine bar, Coquinarius.
She moved to the UK in 2013, to show Londoners how to love and appreciate wine as a true Italian does. She worked as a wine specialist and educator for Bedales Wines - a gem of a wine bar in Borough Market - before moving into what she does now: running tastings, workshops, WSET courses and events.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
Bedales Wine Shop, Bars and Tastings are renown for their fabulous selection of fine and interesting, unusual wines. Staff are friendly and knowledgeable.
Beadles of Borough Market: 5 Bedale Street, Borough Market, London. SE1 9AL | T. 020 7403 8853
Bedales of Spitalfields Market: 12 Market St., Spitalfields Market, London. E1 6DT | T. 020 7375 1926
Beadles of Leadenhall Market: 55 Leadenhall Market, London. EC3V 1LT | T. 020 7929 3536