Classes, Something A Little Different, Theatre/Arts
In this workshop you will be provided with one end-grain boxwood and a tool to create your marks with on the wood block. The first stage of the workshop is to choose a design from the collection of art books, or create your own pattern / image. The next step will be to simply dent or score the block with your tool. Once your design is ready, you will then ink up your block using black ink and print onto a selection of papers. In the workshop you will learn how to print without a press.
Your welcome to bring your own images along to the workshop, however the block is very small so bare this in mind. See below a few images to give you an idea. Think about what you might want to print onto, if you have any interesting papers at home bring it along to the workshop and try it out!
For the workshop to go ahead Nicole needs four participates in the workshop. Nicole will email / text / call the day before the event if there is not enough tickets sold. If you can't make the workshop, please provide two day's notice. If outside of this, you are able to keep your workshop ticket and use it another time. It will be valid for one month.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
<p>Nicole, a graduate from University for the Creative Arts Farnham studied Textiles for Fashion and Interiors and frequently runs a selection of workshop events around London.</p>
<p>The idea is to show local communities how to use Nicole's equipment without being in a professional studio. The workshops are aimed at beginners through to experienced artists and the relaxed environment allows both abilities to mix together and collaborate, sharing ideas, techniques and developing concepts. At the end of the workshop participants will have learnt how to use the equipment, where to source the materials, how to set up a studio space at home.</p>
<p>See below for a list of Nicole's upcoming events...</p>