Screen Printing Workshop at Scrap Store
- Work & Play Scrap Store
In the print workshop Nicole will take you through the equipment and show you a demonstration in screen printing. You will then begin to draw and design your stencils ready for printing onto a surface. Before screen printing onto your final pieces you will have the chance to sample onto fabric and paper first, just so you get the hang of everything and experiment with the two colours available. This is an up-cycling workshop where you can transform your unwanted or unused items from home. Bring a couple of items from home to print onto such as a t-shirt.
If you have time and the materials to do so, have a go at making your own stencils at home so that you can spend more time printing.
To make your prints machine washable, iron your items for 3 - 5 minutes, gentle wash.
Please keep your designs no larger than A4
Only 8 spaces available for this workshop
Two colours will be available to use
The workshop starts at 11:00 - 13:00
*Please note the workshop tickets are non-refundable.
WORK AND PLAY SCRAP STORE
Scrap Store promote the re-use of resources for environmental and community benefit. As a non-for-profit organisation staffed mainly by volunteers, they take a wide rage of donated clean waste materials from businesses and individuals. The materials can be used for; educational, artists, play, creative, social or therapeutic activities. Making items that may be sold solely for charitable benefits.
If you would like to be a member of Scrap Store the team will take your details and they will organise this for you after the workshop.
Please see here for the prices: https://www.workandplayscrapstore.org.uk/membership
Work & Play Scrap Store, 13, Blackshaw Road, London, SW17 0DA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.