Girls Can Do Anything
- No reviews.
- LIBRARY London
Do I need to shout? with guest speaker Siobhan Curham (award winning author of Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow) and Kate Manning (co-founder of Stoke Newington Literary Festival & publishing sales and marketing director)
Getting your voice heard in the publishing industry.
Discussion and Q&A. The publishing industry is a male-dominated industry and at times it can feel like you're banging your head against the wall as you try to make a difference. It's commonly known that getting a job in publishing is hard, but we know how to get our voices heard and so can you! Learn about the different opportunities in publishing and how you can find your rightful place.
Girls Can Do Anything as part of London'a Big Read 2019. Led by author Abiola Bello (finalist for London's Big Read 2019, London Book Fair Trailblazer 2018 winner, and co-founder of The Author School)
A series of free events aimed at empowering writers to create dynamic, strong and well rounded female protagonists or female voices in their writing. Covering everything from how to get into the publishing industry, getting your voice heard and becoming a writer whilst juggling different careers with special guest speakers!
LIBRARY is a hotel, restaurant and private members club located centrally on St Martin's Lane right in the heart of London's Covent Garden.
NO TICKETS AVAILABLE ON THE DOOR: Advance booking Only
Dress Code: Smart
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE PRIVATE MEMBERS CLUB. A LIMITED NUMBER OF NON-MEMBERS ARE ALLOWED ENTRY, BOOKING MUST BE MADE IN ADVANCE. ONCE BOOKED YOUR NAMES WILL BE ADDED TO THE GUEST LIST.
*Please note; once purchased, your tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. We reserve the right to alter or change the programme, timing and line-up. We will endeavour to notify you of any such changes should they occur
|Wednesday 19th June 2019|
112 St. Martin's Lane WC2N 4BD
Leicester Square (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.