A cutesy space atop the heralded Brunel Museum, this rooftop garden is an intimate and charming space to take in the night lights of the city. Adept with seating and catching the summer and winter sun just right, the Brunel Museum Rooftop Garden is not only primed for warm afternoons and eveningsin…
Midnight Apothecary Christmas Parties Down The Shaft!
- No reviews.
- Brunel Museum
“Did someone say Christmas Cockney Singalonga and a few campfire cocktails?”
Tired of the usual Christmas party packages? Time for something a little different! Following last year's sell-out Christmas Knees Ups down our very own Victorian underground tunnel shaft, Midnight Apothecary is THRILLED to welcome back Tom Carradine the 'Musical Hall and Cabaret artist aficionado' for a night of raucous singalong.
Warm your cockles above ground around the campfire in our festively lit enchanted secret garden. Get your blood pumping and your festive singing voices warmed up with our deluxe hot rum toddies. Descend underground down the brand new grand staircase into Brunel's candle-lit underground Grand Entrance Hall, described as one of the most exciting new performance spaces and cultural attractions today. Let your host lead you in a traditional cockney sing-a-long on our grand piano with songs from the music hall era, WWI and II, the West End stage and traditional popular songs from across the decades. A good old-fashioned Christmas knees-up! Our legendary botanical cocktails (and some very nice wine and local beer) will get you in the spirit and loosen up your larynx. Down on the terrace deliciously sizzling and seasonal street food from UpsideDown Catering will be available to keep your cockles even warmer. And to keep you in the festive spirit, there will be complimentary marshmallows to toast all evening.
Tom will be performing three sets during the evening. Guests are invited to bring their cocktails up into the garden, their hot rum toddies into the underground chamber, their street food into both - we really are very relaxed. Blankets will be provided. These promise to be magical Christmas nights filled with festive mirth, merriment and marshmallows. But hurry. Tickets are going to sell out like hot mince pies! Oh and please dress warmly - we can warm your cockles with a hot toddy or two but it gets blimmen' chilly down our shaft!
Christmas packages are available to take the hassle out of party bookings. Tickets cost £40 and include entry to the tunnel shaft and roof garden, two delicious seasonal cocktails. street food, toasted marshmallows and all entertainment thrown in. Groups of ten can book in advance at the bargain price of £375. Vegetarian, vegan and non-alcoholic alternatives are available so everyone is catered for. Tokens will be handed to each guest on arrival to trade in for cocktails and scrumptious food.
Tom Carradine, already a fixture on the UK's thriving vintage scene brings with him a bit of a cult following with his dapper chappie cockney-sing-a-long on the 'ol Joanna.
'Carradine’s Cockney Sing-a-long is a deceptively simple, winning formula, brilliantly executed. A terrific night out.' Cabaret Scenes
'Tom Carradine really gets the atmosphere going. As well as an accomplished musician, Carradine is a good showman with a charming personality. The audience clearly love what he does.' www.capitalcabaretsandshowsscene.
'Musical Director and Pianist Tom Carradine is a talented dapper chappie. Versatility is his name and he compliments the 1920s and 30s era with his musical prowess, adapting from suave sophistication to the very jaunty Cockney Sing-a-Long! Three cheers for Mr Carradine, the Music Hall and Cabaret artist aficionado.' Art Deco Traveller - A Guide to Britain
Photos copyrighted to James Millar (Tricity Vogue)
EARLY BIRD Individual Christmas Package, Midnight Apothecary Christmas Party Down The Shaft
Entry for one adult over 18 to roof garden and Brunel's underground Grand Entrance Hall, 2 cocktails, streetfood, complimentary toasted marshmallows, all entertainment
|18:00 - 22:00||£40.00|
EARLY BIRD Group Booking for 10 Midnight Apothecary Christmas Party Down The Shaft
Entry for 10 people to roof garden and Brunel's underground Grand Entrance Hall, 2 cocktails each, streetfood included, complimentary toasted marshmallows, all entertainment.
|18:00 - 22:00||£375.00|
Individual Christmas Entry Only
Entry for one adult over 18 to roof garden and Brunel' underground Grand Entrance Hall, complimentary toasted marshmallows and all entertainment
|18:00 - 22:00||£15.00|
Railway Avenue, SE16 4LF
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.