Virtual Cocktail Event - The Great Gatsby with DRUM
- Online Event
Just because you're stuck at home doesn't mean you can't enjoy proper cocktails - we have the perfect solution with our Virtual Cocktail Class, and this time the funds raised will be going to the Disability Recreation Unity Movement (DRUM) charity! Join us through the power of Zoom for this one off event.
DRUM is a registered charity and a user led group providing activities, services and support to adults with physical and/or sensory disabilities. Most of DRUM's members were not born disabled but have acquired a disability through an accident or illness such as a stroke, multiple sclerosis, Parkinson's, brain or spinal injuries. DRUM has had a lack of funding due to the COVID-19 pandemic and really needs your help so that they can provide support and reopen again soon! https://drum.btck.co.uk/
This event will concentrate on gin cocktails centred around the Great Gatsby (non-alcoholic gin works too)! The ingredients and basic equipment list that you will require are below and will be sent to you as part of your ticket. You can also have a Box of ingredients delivered to your home prior to the class - the price is £45 per person and £65 including equipment. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Half an hour before the class, we will email you our Zoom ID and one time code for the event, which will start at 7.30pm sharp and finish 1.5 hours later. During this time Steve will demonstrate 4 cocktails, shake them together with you, and answer any questions during "drinking time". The charge is £12 per household - we don't mind how many adults are joining from each home!
Ingredients needed to make a Raspberry Rickey, Gimlet, Bee's Knees and a Gin Julep:
200ml gin/ Seedlip Spice for non alcoholic participants
30ml sugar syrup (stir equal parts castor sugar and water)
1 small handful of mint
1 orange (25ml needed)
Runny honey (2 teaspoons needed)
1 small soda water
Ice - large bag
1) Cocktail shaker – or anything large enough to fit ice, a
drink, and have a sealable lid so when you shake it, it doesn’t go flying. A large jar is good for this.
2) ICE – assume about a cup full, per person, per drink, maybe a little more.....
3) A strainer – a sieve will do, or something so you can strain out the drink from the ‘shaker’ like you would water from a pot of boiled pasta.
4) A measure – a measuring jug will do, or a shot glass – recipes are all about proportions of ingredients to each
6) A lemon squeezer
7) A knife, chopping board, running water and a tea towel are also useful.
We hope to see you there,
Alex, Ben and GOAT xxx
Entry for one household
|19:30 - 21:00||£12.00|
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.