The little sibling to the original London Fields venue, the brand new Wringer + Mangle Spitalfields is a Pub, Deli, Kitchen located a stone's throw away from Liverpool Street Station. Keeping in the industrial chic decor of the group, plants hang from scaffolding next to a sofa that would look right…
Gift Vouchers for Dead Drop
Lean in and listen closely, agents. I’ve got a new mission for you, and I’ll only say this once.
Something is up in the world of aviation, and we need you to investigate. A few days ago, a small plane came down just outside London. Our sources tell us that the lone pilot was killed not in the crash, but by a jump with a sabotaged parachute.
This was a murder.
Perhaps this was some act of petty revenge, but it could be much, much more. The aircraft sported fearsome new technology - something that could tip the delicate balance of global power, and in 1969 that means potential disaster. We need you to discover who was behind this terminal departure before the Cold War starts heating up.
Our intelligence points to a party at a glamorous London hangout in Spitalfields. Several prime suspects will be there. It’s a dangerous place, however; other nations will have their own spies circling the case, so we’ll need you and your team of agents to blend in. Try to dress for the occasion, and make sure you’ve got a good cover story - we don't want you to be exposed.
Amidst the jet setters and cocktails, all kinds of secrets can be acquired. Just make sure ours stay under the radar...
After four hugely popular previews, we've built on the reports of our first intrepid agents to turn our Cold War spy mystery into a fully realised event. It will run weekly at the fabulous WM Bar beneath Wringer + Mangle Spitalfields from the 16th January 2018.
You can now purchase Dead Drop tickets on this page as a gift voucher for friends and family in need of a little mystery. You will need to purchase one ticket per attendee. In order to claim your tickets properly, get in touch with us on email@example.com, quoting the purchaser's name, the DMN ticket reference number, the number of tickets, and, of course, the date you'd like to attend Dead Drop on.
We would advise getting in touch at least three weeks before the date you want to come, so as to avoid disappointment.
Head over to our Dead Drop page if you're looking for a general admission ticket for yourself.
To directly book your own place on one of our dates, please head over to our main ticket page at this link.
How does the game work?
In Dead Drop, you and your friends are a team of spies in 1969, seeking answers to a mysterious murder that could upset the delicate balance of world power!
On arrival, you’ll be issued with secret instructions that will advise you how to investigate, and what you need to find out. By following leads, solving puzzles and interacting with characters, you’ll be able to discover the truth before events come to a head at 10pm. Teams of agents will be competing against one another and there will be rewards for the winning team.
Is this an outdoor event?
No - all the clues, characters and puzzles are contained inside a single venue, scattered across the rooms of the bar.
Is this a period piece?
Yes. The story is set in 1969 and the venue reflects this. Spies come equipped with all kinds of fancy gadgets though, so there’s no need to leave your phone behind.
Is there a dress code?
To go undercover, you’ll need to fit in at our glamorous 1960s hangout. If you need some period inspiration, take a look here but rest assured you won’t be turned away, whatever you’re wearing.
What should I bring?
Other than your wits? A charged smartphone and a pen will come in handy, as will some insightful friends and a compelling cover story.
Is this a team game?
I have a big group (10+) that all want to play together, can we?
Yes. Drop us a line directly and we'll see if we can arrange a group booking. You'll still want to split into smaller teams though.
Will there be food and drink available?
Even agents need dinner - and maybe a martini to match. Stirred, of course. Luckily Wringer + Mangle have a fantastic bar open throughout the evening. You can see what they have on offer to drink here and here. You can also see a sample menu of the food you can enjoy on the night here.
On our newly added dates, the 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th of March 2018, the kitchen at Wringer + Mangle won't be open. However, there are plenty of fantastic places nearby to grab a bit from. If it's transportable, even better and you're welcome to bring it into the bar with you on those dates. We'd recommend Pizza Union on Sandy's Row, although there's a wealth to choose from.
What’s the closest station to the venue?
Liverpool Street is just 4 minutes walk away.
Certainly. For a group of 40+, this event can be run just for you. Drop us a line on firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be able to let you know prices and minimum spends for the venue.
How can I claim my tickets after buying this voucher?
In order to claim your tickets properly, get in touch with us on email@example.com, quoting the purchaser's name, the DMN ticket reference number, the number of tickets, and, of course, the date you'd like to attend Dead Drop on. Don't forget, you'll need to purchase one voucher ticket for every attendee.
We would advice getting in touch at least three weeks before the date you want to come, so as to avoid disappointment.
94 Middlesex Street E1 7DA
Liverpool Street (Tube)
94 Middlesex Street E1 7DA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
13. A Door In A Wall cannot guarantee the availability of tickets for voucher holders on any given date.