With one of New York's most successful restaurants under his belt, Marcus Samuelsson's Red Rooster in Shoreditch is without a question a big-hitter and draws in foodies from across the capital. Based in the newly built Curtain Hotel, the restaurant serves Samuelsson's speciality of Fried Chicken,marinated…
DINNER WITH FRIENDS / MARCUS SAMUELSSON & ANDI OLIVER SUPPER CLUB
- Red Rooster
ABOUT THE EVENT
Join us for a unique Supper Club exploring Caribbean heritage cuisine with Red Rooster's Culinary Director and celebrity chef, Marcus Samuelsson and award-winning TV chef and broadcaster, Andi Oliver.
The evening will start with sharing cocktails, followed by an array of snacks and a four-course Caribbean menu sure to intrigue your taste buds, while a line-up of live music performances set the island vibes. It will surely be a night to remember!
ABOUT ANDI OLIVER
Award winning TV chef and broadcaster Andi Oliver has had a rich & varied career with food and music being at the forefront throughout.
Andi is a regular face on our TV’s – She is currently a main judge on the BBC’s Great British Menu & an integral part of the Cactus TV programme Saturday Kitchen team as both guest host and chef, also for the BBC. She regularly hosts a strand of short films entitled Pub Wars, for the BBC’s The One Show and hosted a new Channel 4 daytime cooking gameshow – Beat The Chef, produced by TwoFour in Spring 2019. In October 2019, Andi and her daughter Miquita hosted a week of live broadcast for Sky Arts at Cheltenham Literature Festival.
After fronting the band Rip Rig and Panic with Neneh Cherry in 1981 she went onto work in TV in the 90’s, debuting on Backstage at The Brits. She then went on to present the hit cult show Badaas TV with Ice T and the award winning documentary Crazy Sexy Cool. For 6 years Andi covered Glastonbury for the BBC as well as fronting various other BBC festivals.
During this period Andi hosted a hugely popular afternoon show on GLR for three years and presented The Selector for 8 years, a show for The British Council, broadcast in over 15 different countries. In 2005, with Andi at the helm, it won a Silver Sony Award for best weekly music show.
In 2006 she presented The Truth About Food for the BBC and in 2007 she and Neneh Cherry hosted BBC2 cooking series, Neneh and Andi Dish It Up.
Andi is a regular panel member on BBCR4’s The Kitchen Cabinet alongside Jay Rayner and a regular contributor to R4’s Award winning ‘The Food Programme’. In 2018 she followed in the footsteps of Yotam Ottolenghi & Giorgio Locatelli and was appointed Head judge alongside Sheila Dillon for the prestigious BBC Food & Farming awards.
During her career, Andi was invited to perform a piece for a gala performance of the Vagina Monologues at The Royal Albert Hall with amongst others , Isabella Rossellini, Maureen Lipman & Meera Syal, which led to a 3 month West End run with Michelle Gomez,Samantha Bond & Linda Robson. She was featured in the 1st series of The Number One Ladies Detective Agency and is soon to be seen in a cameo in the upcoming film written by Caitlin Moran – How To Build A Girl.
Andi was (and is) in the kitchen throughout all of this, perfecting her skill, and for 4 years she ran a successful ephemeral restaurant – The Moveable Feast. After being creative director of The Birdcage she launched her own kitchen at The Jackdaw and Star, a renovated pub in the heart of Homerton. She launched her award winning restaurant – Andi’s – in 2016 & is set to launch her new food project – Wadadli Kitchen – Real Caribbean Home Cooking – in 2019/ 2020.
|Dinner With Friends Ticket||19:00 - 23:00||£75.00|
45, Curtain Road, EC2A 4PJ
Shoreditch High Street (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.