Matteo and Salvatore, two brothers from Calabria, moved to Bologna to study economics, and – like all penniless students – ate a lot of pizza. They wanted a pizza that was crunchy, airy and delicious. After much testing, Matteo found the pizza he was craving by using organic stoneground flour, wild…
NATURAL WINE TASTING
- No reviews.
- Radio Alice Hoxton
Natural wine tasting & slices night
When: Sunday 10th March 7.30-pm – 10.30pm
Where: Radio Alice Hoxton.
What: To celebrate the London natural wine festival, Raw Wine, we’ve asked Davide Vignato (one of our wine producers and Raw festival attendees) to host a wine tasting at Radio Alice.
Davide’s will discuss his philosophy while pouring three of his wines, meanwhile we’ll be pumping out the pizzas.
Davide Vignato was born and raised in Gambellara, here he studied the soil and rhythms of nature by helping his father in the vineyards after school. Today he’s leading the family winery, producing natural wines from the volcanic territory in the province of Vicenza. In each glass of his wines you can perceive the identity unique to the place. The fascinating columns of lava made by Monte San Marco, an extinguished volcano which is only 500m from the winery, give origin to a massive deposit of dark basaltic rocks that characterize the soil of this tiny but amazing terroir. Producing organic wines to Davide means working harder than the past but doing less interventions. Technique, experience, precision, perseverance: He is working with something living and in turn feels he must take care of it.
El Gian 2017 Gambellara DOC Veneto (organic)
Col Moenia 2016 Gambellara DOC Classico (biologico)
Primo Incontro 2016 Veneto IGT Garganega Frizzante
Nibbles – olives, almonds, salumi platter, burrata, crostini
Pizzas – Cavolo nero pizza, 4 cheese pizza, prosciutto & burrata, Fiordilatte mozzarella
Dessert – selection of gelato
Dinner & Wine
Wine & Dinner with Davide Vignato, RAW winemaker
|19:30 - 22:30||£30.00|
16, Hoxton Square, N1 6NT
Old Street (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue operates a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.