The Egerton House Hotel invites you to a 5* experience for guests. Situated a short distance from the hustle and bustle of Knightsbridge and boasts one of London's most popular afternoon tea locations. Guests often enjoy an afternoon tea with The Egerton House Hotel before or following a visit to the…
Summer of Culture: FOOD - Bigger than the Plate - an evening with the V&A curator
- No reviews.
- The Egerton House Hotel
FOOD: Bigger than the Plate
Join The Egerton House Hotel, an enchanting boutique townhouse in Knightsbridge, for a fascinating evening of discovery in partnership with the Victoria and Albert Museum.
The V&A’s acclaimed ‘FOOD: Bigger than the Plate’ exhibition, which closes on 20th October, brings together the politics and pleasure of food to ask how the collective choices we make can lead to a more sustainable and delicious food future.
We are so pleased to welcome Catherine Flood, the exhibition’s curator, on 1st August for a lively evening of conversation about the future of food. She’ll discuss the way we grow, experience and distribute food, highlighting ideas such as the urban mushroom farm and real cheese made from human bacteria.
Throughout the evening, you’ll enjoy cocktails (including The Egerton’s famous martini) and delicious snacks and canapés, all created with sustainable ingredients focussed around the exhibition’s key themes.
Date: 1st August
Price: £65 per person
Time: 6pm - 9pm
Venue: The Dining Room at The Egerton House Hotel
· An evening in conversation with the curator of ‘FOOD: Bigger than the Plate’
· Two cocktails
· Snacks and canapés
· Ticket to the ‘FOOD: Bigger than the Plate’ exhibition on a date of your choice
In partnership with: The V&A’s ‘FOOD: Bigger than the Plate’ exhibition
17-19 Egerton Terrace, SW3 2BX
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.