Peace + Riot is your new favourite neighbourhood restaurant. Bringing you delicious sharing platters to keep everyone happy. From rich burratas, to the forefoot of vegan offerings, all the way to the best cured fish and meats. Relaxed, chic & comfortable. It’s your home from home - but better.And…
Peace Talks Series - Mental health + managing the 'day to day' with Sarah Kerridge + Millie Gentle
- No reviews.
- Peace + Riot Co
Sarah Kerridge (Doula) and Millie Gentle (Person Centred Counsellor) will be with us to talk to you about strategies for managing the day to day pressures of parenting – and everything else you might need to juggle. Both will be taking questions at the end and there will be an opportunity to chat more informally afterwards too.
A bit about them:
Millie Gentle is a local counsellor and mum to two wonderful girls. She qualified as a Person-Centred counsellor in 2017 and has been working in private practice since then. Millie has worked with clients facing a multitude of issues, both face to face and remotely.
Over the years, Millie has had the privilege of meeting lots of parents, especially mums, who are all too familiar with the difficulty of balancing work and childcare. And the inevitable impact this can have on the relationship with our partners. This latter point is not always shared amongst peers and friends, the reasons for which can be due to shame, fear of judgement or simply a lack of energy and time. Millie strongly believes that when parents are able to talk more about what’s difficult in the family dynamic and the issues and anxieties within the adult relationship, they can start to feel less alone and more connected, in what can be a challenging, (as well as rewarding), stage of life.
Often counselling can be about bearing witness. For the person coming to counselling to feel as though they’re able to share their experiences and to be truly heard and empathised with, is powerful. Millie believes in the idea that this is not something limited to the therapy room; that we have the capacity to do that for each other in our every-day lives.
I'm an easy going, approachable and open minded person who is passionate about providing support and care for women at one of the most important stages of their lives. I became a mum to a beautiful boy in 2016 and my passion for all things pregnancy, birth and motherhood has increased massively since then.
I feel I have grown and learnt so much in the years since I became a mum, and want to pass that on and in turn help women to become the mothers they want to be.
It really does take a village, and if I can help other mums to feel better prepared and supported then in happy!
What's more - show proof of your ticket purchase, and we'll offer you a 10% discount on Peace + Riot membership.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
Need a babysitter? Show proof of purchase of your ticket and book with Practically Perfect Babysitters and they'll waive the booking fee.
Tickets include arrival drink and nibbles throughout the evening.
|19:15 - 22:00||£12.00|
Peace + Riot members
PROOF OF MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED
Tickets include arrival drink and nibbles through the evening.
|19:15 - 22:00||£6.00|
12 Croxted Road, SE21 8SW
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.