Peace + Riot is your new favourite neighbourhood restaurant. Bringing you delicious sharing platters to keep everyone happy. From rich burratas, to the forefoot of vegan offerings, all the way to the best cured fish and meats. Relaxed, chic & comfortable. It’s your home from home - but better.And…
Mindful self compassion with Alex Newte Hardie
- No reviews.
- Peace + Riot Co
Alex Newte Hardie, BSc (Hons), BA (Hons), M.R.N., C.N.H.C., F.R.S.A., needed self-compassion. She suffered anxiety from the age of 4, developed chronic, debilitating pain at the age of 16 and depression by the age of 18. Having left journalism due to ongoing pain issues at 28, she went on to retrain at degree-level in holistic healthcare and mindfulness and it changed her life for the better. After two years as the resident naturopath at the University of Westminster she was asked to join the Light Centre Belgravia as lead general health practitioner and principal mindfulness teacher. Alex has been practicing mindfulness since 2011 and is a trained Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy and Mindful Self-Compassion teacher.
This is a six week course - Start date: Monday 1st November
Find it easier to motivate yourself to exercise, eat well, drink less and start new, challenging projects
Feel more confident and with less fear of failure.
Manage difficult emotions from guilt to anxiety, shame and grief without overwhelm or turning to unhelpful habits such as distraction or over-spending/working/eating/drinking.
Live more in the present moment.
Achieve more resilience (mental, emotional and physical) and better emotional regulation.
Have the presence of mind to live from your core values (even when you can’t change your life circumstances).
Appreciate yourself (and others) more.
Parent, or manage colleagues 'from the heart'.
Feel more connected to yourself and those around you.
Find humour and joy in the every day.
“Being shown how to give myself compassion was amazing. I wish this course had existed 30 years ago - I could have changed my life earlier. Alex is a brilliant teacher” - Kate, Tadworth.
Enjoy a relaxed, informal group learning environment. The emphasis is on experiencing practices that will help you cultivate the skills of self-compassion. Please note this is a skills-based course, not a therapy group.
All are welcome.
Recordings and handouts will be provided if you have to miss a session.
Spaces are limited.
Full six-week course
||19:30 - 21:15||£235.00|
12 Croxted Road, SE21 8SW
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.