Following the success of Archie, the cheese truck that tours festivals and London, Mathew Carver is opening a permanent cheesy outpost. The Cheese Bar will be located in Camden Stables after a successful crowdfunding campaign to help him open a restaurant. The Cheese Bar will serve many of the goodies…
Natural Wines & British Cheese with Les Caves de Pyrene
- No reviews.
- The Cheese Bar
Join Doug Wregg of renowned London-based natural wine importers, Les Caves de Pyrene for an evening of British cheese & natural wine at The Cheese Bar, Camden.
Natural wines are made from organically-farmed grapes that have been vinified with their yeasts and have had nothing added (other than a little sulphur sometimes).
They are artisan products and communicate something of the land - just as unpasteurised cheeses do.There is an exciting synergy between good natural wines and farmhouse cheeses - and when you discover the right match, it can be heavenly!
On the night, we'll show five of the best British cheeses, alongside a selection of Les Caves' finest natural wines, paired to perfection:
Fen Farm Dairy's Baron Bigod (Brie-Style)
Coolea Farmhouse Cheese
White Lake's Driftwood (Goats' Cheese)
La Latteria's Fresh Mozzarella
Westcombe Cheddar Curds
A former sommelier, Doug has been with Les Caves de Pyrene since the early days, and is the author to the epic tome that is their wine list. Having whipped the sales team into shape and passed his Sales Director hat over to the polished head of David Canadas, Doug now heads up buying in several foreign fields – namely the U.S., Austria, Slovenia and Croatia – where he has already sourced a wealth of new material. His appearances at the office are so infrequent that he is reputed to be a mythical creature and for this reason has acquired his folkloric sobriquet, Sir Wregg – so we are extra privileged to host him at The Cheese Bar!
Please arrive 7pm for a 7.30 start. The tasting itself will last approx 1.5 hours.
This is one of the many events that are part of London Cheese Project's #LONDONCHEESEMONTH - a series of cheese events throughout May,culminating in their 3-day festival.
|General||19:00 - 22:00||£20.00|
Unit 93 and 94 Camden Market Chalk Farm Road NW1 8AH
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.