Dartmouth Arms is a new kind of local pub by London's pop-up pioneers, Disappearing Dining Club. This refurbished local boozer has been reimagined as a home for great food, wine and Hi-Fi sounds, as well as terrific craft beers, spirits and cocktails. Vibes are light and airy by day, dark and cosy…
A Taste of Porto
This Autumn, Graham’s Port and Disappearing Dining Club will be hosting a series of supper club style dinners bringing the tastes, flavours and sounds of the Douro Valley to London. Following the success of previous ‘Little Porto’ events, the new-look dinners will be hosted at the Dartmouth Arms in North London, offering guests a four-course dining experience inspired by Port and Portuguese cuisine and accompanied by smooth jazz sounds.
Graham’s has been in the winemaking business since 1820, blending this impressive heritage with a passion for innovation that has attracted swathes of discerning young drinkers to embrace the P&T – or (White) Port and Tonic, for the uninitiated – as the newest drink of the summer.
Combined with the culinary expertise of Head Chef Fred Bolin and his crack team at Disappearing Dining Club, the two are a force to be reckoned with within London’s experimental dining scene, and ‘A Taste of Porto’ is an experience not to be missed.
Highlights from the menu include Slow Roasted Pork Belly, Prawn Carpaccio, and Apple and Port Braised Celeriac. Each dish will be expertly paired with a Portuguese wine, followed by a port tasting flight as the piece de resistance, offering diners the chance to sip their way through different varieties and vintages of Porto’s most famous export.
Latino and Portuguese jazz-inspired sounds from award-winning DJs Ricardo Paris and Jorge Montiel will set the scene, played on the Dartmouth Arms’ wonderful vinyl-only Hi-Fi sound system, helping transport guests to the vibrant streets of Porto.
WHEN: Thursdays 17th / 24th / 31st October, Thursdays 7th / 14th / 21st November (doors open 7pm)
WHERE: Dartmouth Arms, 35 York Rise, London, NW5 1SP (nearest stations Tufnell Park of Gospel Oak)
WHAT: Tickets include welcome drink, four course Port-inspired dinner, four paired glasses of Portuguese wine and a Graham’s Port tasting flight
W & J Graham’s was founded in Porto in 1820. Renowned worldwide for producing outstanding Vintage Ports, Graham’s also makes a range of Aged Tawny Ports, Late Bottled Vintage, Reserve and Quinta dos Malvedos Vintage Ports. Graham’s growing success in the 19th Century resulted in the acquisition of the famous Quinta dos Malvedos in the Alto Douro and in the construction of the imposing Graham’s 1890 Lodge. Overlooking the city of Porto, the Graham’s Lodge houses over 3,500 seasoned oak casks of Port, numerous large oak vats, an extensive Vintage Port cellar and Vinum – one of Porto’s premier restaurants. Graham’s is owned by the Symington Port-producing family. For more information visit www.grahams-port.com ; http://malvedos.wordpress.com and http://www.facebook.com/grahams.port.wine
About Symington Family Estates
The Symingtons have been Port producers for five generations since 1882 but their involvement in Port dates back fourteen generations to 1652 through their great-grandmother Beatrice Leitão de Carvalhosa Atkinson. The family company is a leading quality Port producer with brands such as Graham’s, Cockburn’s, Dow’s and Warre’s as well as being the leading vineyard owner in the Douro valley with 1,006 hectares (2,486 acres) of vines at 26 Quintas. Many of the region’s finest Quintas belong to the family. For more information on Symington Family Estates, visit www.symington.com and discover more on http://malvedos.wordpress.com and www.facebook.com/grahams.port.wine
A Taste of Porto
Welcome Drinks, Four Courses, Paired Wines, Port Tasting
|19:00 - 22:30||£40.00|
35, York Rise, NW5 1SP
Tufnell Park (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.