A vibrant gastropub with its finger in many pies, The Miller is a popular Borough hangout that you can easily find from London Bridge station. The venue is a hub of activity, coming complete with a basement rehearsal studio, nightly comedy club and one of the best beer gardens in the area. The interior…
The Quest Round 6: Narativ Storytelling
- No reviews.
- The Miller
Every 6 weeks in London a group of strangers get together in a room and over the course of a day, Narativ teach them to find, shape and tell their stories. By the end of the day they are Storytellers - and they are no longer strangers... This is the power of personal story.
This night will celebrate a collection of Narativ storytellers, graduates from our storytelling workshops as they tell their stories to an audience live for the very first time.
Tonight our storytellers take part in Tellit Festival's 'The Quest', which is a search to find the best true-life storytellers from around the country on the theme of ‘Lessons’. These could be transformative life lessons, tips we picked up from a matchbox or words of wisdom passed down through generations. Tonight will focus on the lessons we've learned, told as stories to move, entertain, transport and connect!
The rules are very simple:
The story must be 7 minutes or less
It must be true and be about something that happened to the storyteller
The story has to answer the question ‘What Happened?’
No script or notes
Narativ’s workshops give people the foundation for excavating and understanding how to communicate who they are and what they do through their story. Tonight we put these skills into practice as we give our storytellers a stage. The Quest is a search for the best unknown personal storytellers from around the UK and we're joined by the main true storytelling clubs from around the UK including The Moth, Spark, Speak Easy, Flashlight and Natural Born Storytellers.
96 Snowfields SE1 3SS
London Bridge (Tube)
Getting thereGett £15 off for first riders with code DMNGETT
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.