The Jugged Hare is a fantastic British gastro pub for a lunch, dinner or drinks in London. Situated next to the Barbican Centre on the corner of Chiswell Street and Silk Street in the City of London, the pub forms part of the famous old Grade II listed Whitbread Brewery. The venue, with majestic taxidermy…
- No reviews.
- The Jugged Hare
Join us for the latest in The Jugged Hare’s infamous gourmet dinner series this game season, The Murphia Games, as we enjoy the finest culinary creations from Ireland’s most celebrated chefs. Each of them made it on to the prestigious Hot Dinners Murphia List for 2019 - which showcases the best Irish talent in London's food and drink circles.
They've been specially selected to come together and create 4 of the best game dishes just for you, with wines paired by our expert sommelier. So clear your calendar, and loosen your belt buckles because this is one culinary masterclass you can't afford to miss.
The Line Up
Marguerite Keogh Where: The Five Fields
County Clare born and bred (she goes home EVERY month) Marguerite Keogh apprenticed at Dromoland Castle hotel before skipping over to London. For five years she worked alongside Marcus Wareing - first at Petrus and then at Marcus Wareing at the Berkeley before launching The Five Fields in Chelsea with Taylor Bonnyman and quickly gaining a Michelin star.
Richard O Connell Where: Seasoned Consultancy
Born in Limerick and trained in Galway, Richard has worked on the London food scene for 27 years, starting at The Landmark under Andrew McLeish. He launched both Chiswell Street Dining Rooms and The Jugged Hare in the City and for the past few years has been Executive Chef at Tom's Kitchen. Now he's branching out on his own, offering advice to those in the industry through his Seasoned Consultancy.
Kevin Burke Where: The Ninth
Born in Dublin, Kevin trained at Dublin's Patrick Guilbaud's before moving to London and starting at Pollen Street Social and afterwards at Jun Tanaka's The Ninth as Sous Chef. He's been there since the launch, while it earned its Michelin Star and is now the Head Chef.
Ana Haugh Where: Myrtle
Dublin-born Anna started her restaurant career in that city's famous L’Écrivain restaurant before heading to London where her bosses included everyone from Shane Osborn and Philip Howard to Gordon Ramsay. Most recently she was Executive Chef at Bob Bob Ricard before leaving to work on her own restaurant. Myrtle opens in Chelsea in March and while the food may not be Irish, per se, much of the produce will be.
Murphia Games Gourmet Dinner Ticket (Wednesday 2nd October)
A ticket to enjoy 5 courses from Ireland's most celebrated chefs.
|19:30 - 22:30||£85.00|
49, Chiswell Street, EC1Y 4SA
City of London
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.