Being one of Camden's oldest pubs having established back in 1787, this historic pub is open 7 nights a week serving up comedy, club nights and food from the resident chefs from Smoke ‘n’ Buns. You can expect comedy 7 nights a week in the upstairs Camden Comedy Club and then Thursday, Friday and…
Laugh Out London's Alternative Pick of the Fringe
- No reviews.
- The Camden Head
Laugh Out London comedy club returns to the Camden Head in Camden after a summer break with a very special Alternative Pick of the Fringe show.
We’ve chosen four of the most interesting and experimental acts with shows at the Edinburgh Festival Fringe this year and brought them together in one awesome bill of weird and wonderful comedy.
Date: Friday 2nd September 2016
Venue: The Camden Head, 100 Camden High St, London NW1 0LU
Nearest tube: Camden Town (7 minutes walk)
Time: Doors 8pm, Start 8.30pm
Tickets: £3 advance, £5 door
Long time favourite of ours and musical genius Laurence Owen has been packing them in at the Voodoo Rooms through the fringe with his brilliant ear for musical parody. Always raises the roof.
Malcolm Hardee Award Winner 2015
“Ridiculously clever… Everything parody should be” – **** Scotsman
“A tour-de-force performance” – **** The Skinny
Multi-talented comedian packed out her show in Edinburgh everyday which was fast paced frenzy of characters, impressions and silliness.
“One to watch” - **** Vanity Fair
“Naturally Funny” - The Skinny
By far and away one of our favorite shows of the fringe, consistently silly and stupid thought out, Joz’s show was beautifully crafted with excellent set pieces
“An absolute idiot... Simple, silly and screamingly funny” - Fest
“A potentially massive future comedy star” - The Herald
“A born entertainer and a great comedy writer” - Chortle
One half of critically acclaimed sketch duo bucket whose excellent take-off of an self obsessed actor made for one of the the most immersive shows of the Fringe.
“he completely commands the stage, while landing several laugh-out-loud moments too” - **** Chortle
Lucy was arguably the busiest person at the fringe this year. Having starred in Adam Larter’s Return on Investment and featured in Beth Vyse’s Hands to the Pump, Lucy also packed 30 people into a tiny room to spend half an hour with them dressed as an egg. It was a brilliantly playful half hour which marked Lucy as something rather special.
“sweet and charming and uplifting, and frankly you’ll be hard pressed to find better company than all round good egg Pearman.” - ***** The Good Review
Guest MC JOHN KEARNS
Multi-award winning surrealist who combines absurdism and bare humanity to beautiful effect. John made history as the first person to win the Edinburgh comedy Award best newcomer and best show awards in successive years. He has gone on to star in new BBC sitcom Top Coppers.
Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Awards Best Show 2014 – WINNER
Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Awards Best Newcomer 2013 – WINNER
“Now THIS is how you do absurd comedy” ***** -Chortle
“A true comedy original” **** -Time Out
“Kearns could be your new king of comedy” **** – Evening Standard
|Advance||20:00 - 22:45||£3.00|
100, Camden High Street,Camden, NW1 0LU
Camden Town (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.