A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Tony Law and Richard Gadd - Edinburgh previews in Angel
Laugh Out London presents an evening of Edinburgh Festival previews from two of our favourite alternative comedians TONY LAW and RICHARD GADD as part of the Laugh Out London Comedy Festival at the Old Queen’s Head in Angel. Please note, these are work-in-progress shows.
Date: Tuesday July 12, 2016
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 144 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30, Start 8pm
Tickets: £5 advance, £6 door
Multi-award winning Canadian silly billy Tony Law brings us his own unique brand of delicious nonsense. A firm favourite of ours Tony is one of the most consistent providers of silly nonsense in comedy. As seen on Have I Got News For You, Never Mind The Buzzcocks, 8 Out Of 10 Cats and The Alternative Comedy Experience.
“One of the most delightfully zany and disconcerting comedians around” – **** Telegraph
“Chaos has rarely been so finely conducted and this much fun” – **** Times
‘Tony Law takes a highly-enjoyable crap on comedy conventions, and manages to be clever in a way that doesn’t make you want to throttle him’ – Adam Buxton
The breakout star of the Edinburgh Fringe 2015 for his astonishingly imaginative multimedia show
“This could be the end of comedy as we know it” – ***** The Mirror
“the undisputed buzz comedy of this year” – **** The Guardian
“Gadd has produced the must-see show of this year’s Fringe” – **** Independent
“Takes convention and bashes it around with the brutality of a street fighter” – ****1/2 Chortle
|20:00 - 22:00||£5.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.