A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and is home to Angel's most buzzing and beautiful…
Laugh Out London's Pick of the Fringe 2018
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London returns to the Old Queen’s Head in Angel with its annual pick for the Fringe show! This year there has been some truly outstanding shows and we have gathered the cream of the crop into one place just for you.
Date: Monday 10th September 2018
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 44 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £7 advance, £8 on the door
Star of Mock the Week Ed has been smashing his fringe run of he new show Blizzard, selling out across the board and adding extra shows to boot. Ed is clearly heading for the stratosphere.
" It's this talent for comedic storytelling that will guarantee Ed Gamble a sell-out run" ★★★★ - The List
"An energising and delightful hour of comedy from a disarmingly charming comedian" British Comedy Guide recommended show" - British Comedy Guide Recommended Show
"This is a super show from a comic who may be about to become more of a force in the game" - Chortle
JOHN LUKE ROBERTS
John Luke Roberts has received more critical praise than you can shake a stick at this year. He also has the best show title in history (All I Wanna Do Is [FX: GUNSHOTS] With a [FX: GUN RELOADING] and a [FX: CASH REGISTER] and Perform Some Comedy!). He's a gloriously absurd performer who deserves all his praise.
"A winning manifesto on the importance of absurdism" ★★★★★ - Fest Mag
"an incredible joke rate, with Roberts cramming in more original punchlines in his hour than some comedians manage in a career" ★★★★1/2 - Chortle
★★★★★ - One4review
★★★★ - The Times
★★★★ - The Telegraph
This year Jayde has teamed up with Richard Thomas (of Jerry Springer the Opera fame) to deliver one of the smashes of the festival. Packed houses have greeted the Bristolian every night who has a set of pipes to match her charisma.
The Independent - The best comedy shows to see 2018
"an absolute treat" ★★★★ - The Skinny
"a truly spectacular show" - British Comedy f Guide recommended Show
★★★★ - Fest
Performing her debut hour this year Maisie Adam has already scooped one of the top accolades at this years fringe and has been packing out her show for weeks. Following her victory at So You Think You're Funny Last year she has proven her self as one to watch.
WINNER The Amused Moose New Comic Award 2018
"a satisfying hour of fine set-up and punchline comedy" - ★★★★ The List
"there’s something about the purity of her comedy and charismatic delivery that ensures Adam has a magnetic stage presence" - ★★★★ The Skinny
MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
|Advanced||19:30 - 22:30||£7.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.