A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Laugh Out London In Angel - Tim Key
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London returns to the beautiful Old Queens Head in Islington with another superb line up. This time headlined by the masterful TIM KEY!
Date: Monday 27th March 2017
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 144 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £7 advance, £10 on the door
AT LAST! In six years of Laugh Out London we have been fortunate to have some of our comedy heroes grace our stage. Now we can tick Tim off that list. Known for his pioneering Edinburgh shows mixing comedy with deliberately bad comedy, Tim scooped the main prize in 2009 and has never looked back.
You probably seen him in the as Alan Partridge’s put-upon sidekick, Sidekick Simon, in Mid-Morning Matters or Alpha Papa. Or maybe the final series of Peep Show, or contributing poems to Charlie Brooker’s Screenwipe, or the criminally underrated sketch show Cowards. Either way he’s incredible.
Edinburgh Comedy Award Winner 2009
“In any other sphere apart from comedy, we’d probably class this way of looking at the world as certifiable. Here it feels like genius” - Telegraph
‘This is one art house form-buster who can really give you a good time.’ - **** Times
“At times it's like a wind-up; elsewhere it's so lovely you could bathe in it” - **** Guardian
“He’s a genius plain and simple”- Time Out
One of our favourite acts on the circuit Jordan has risen to prominence following two superbly reviews edinburgh shows. Certainly the finest use of physicality you will see in stand up, which is perfectly combined with smart writing.
“The only downside is that a) it makes every subsequent comedy show seem staid, and b), he’ll eventually have to follow this, too.” – ***** Fest
“He is not a comedian short of ambition, nor of the wherewithal to perform his grand ideas expertly.” – **** Chortle
“Caustically funny and surprising” – **** The Scotsman
A one-man sketch powerhouse, Goose are a phenomenal act to watch. The hit rate of gags is phenomenal particularly when you consider how much energy is being expended in every scene.
“You just have to submit to this force of nature, until it deposits you, dizzy but exhilarated, close to where you started” **** – Chortle
“Teeters on the edge of chaos… brilliant stuff” - **** Guardian
“Fabulous, breakneck performer who morphs feverishly between characters and ideas” - Independent
**** The Times
Scottish stand-up and musical comedian, Eleanor has recently been tour support for Tony Law, Josie Long, Frankie Boyle and Stewart Francis.
“Poster Girl for awkward” - Chortle
“Charm to spare, plenty of offbeat talent” -Telegraph
“Eleanor Morton is a delight – clever, inventive and super funny” – Josie Long
One of our favourite acts of all time. Key member of the award winning Weirdos collective as well as the critically acclaimed Comedians Cinema Club.
“Highton has the storyteller’s gift” **** – Chortle
“Fascinating in parts, moving in others, and there’s plenty to laugh at too” - Time Out
“Wonderful surrealism” -The Guardian
MC: LOU SANDERS
A long-standing favourite in the alternative comedy world and indeed a favourite of ours, Lou is funny, imaginative and silly all at once.
“From the crazy off-beat surrealism of Lou Sanders, it seems like something new is happening in comedy” – The Independent
“Very, very funny” **** – Chortle
“Utterly delightful and hugely talented… Destined for hugeness” – Time Out
|Advance||19:30 - 22:30||£7.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.