A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Laugh Out London In Angel - James Acaster
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London returns to the beautiful Old Queens Head in Islington with another superb line up. This time headlined by long time favorite and maybe the finest comic in the UK, JAMES ACASTER.
Date: Monday 13th March 2017
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 144 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £5 advance, £7 on the door
Edinburgh Comedy Award Nominee 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016
Long time Laugh Out London favourite, James has been probably the most consistently funny comic in the UK for the last 5 years as proven by his record five Edinburgh comedy award nods in a row. James recently wrote “We the Jury” for BBC2 and has popped up on Russell Howard’s Comedy Central, Live At The Apollo, Mock The Week & 8 Out of 10 Cats.
“Hones his performances for maximum humorous effect… Every sentence is immaculately constructed” *****– Evening Standard
“really is highly impressive stuff” **** - Telegraph
“Sharp and original” – ****½ Chortle
“The best of freeform standup underpinned by delightfully complex comic architecture” – **** The Guardian
“He really is rewriting the comedy rulebook” – **** Time Out
As seen on Russell Howard’s Good News, Live from the BBC and heard on Mae Martin’s Guide to 21st Century Sexuality and The Now Show.
“Mae Martin might just change the way you think about LGBT comedy, or as she would call it, comedy” - ★★★★★ Mirror
“Introspection isn’t normally so warm and jolly as this” - ****½ Chortle
“A natural comic talent” - ***** Skinny
“Astute, provocative, and genuinely funny” -★★★★★ Ed Fest
“Infectious laughs…deftly delivered” - ★★★★ Evening Standard
A sharp satirical brain who never fails to deliver enormous laughs. Trent is more biting and funny with his projector and laptop than topical comedy shows on TV have been for the last 10 years.
Edinburgh Comedy Awards Best Newcomer nominee 2012
“If only everyone had Trent’s finely-tuned antenna for bullshit, and eloquence in calling it, we’d all be better off.” – **** Chortle
“An absolute triumph as his satire and visual dynamics all come together to make some hilarious and unique comedy.” – **** The Mirror
“A first rate comic mind” -The Guardian
Highly accomplished new comer who we are sure you will be seeing a lot more of in the future. Sarah has Sarah finished first runner up in the 2015 Funny Women awards and has also supported Kerry Godliman and Stewart Francis on tour.
First Runner Up - Funny Women Awards 2015
"Charming" - The Independent
"Pulling in the biggest laughs" - Three Weeks
"Excellently deadpan" - Huffington Post
|Advance||19:30 - 22:30||£5.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.