A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Laugh Out London In Angel - Abandoman
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
Laugh Out London returns to The Old Queen’s Head in Islington with another excellent bill headlined by the ABANDOMAN!
Date: Monday 23rd January 2017
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 144 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £5 advance, £7 on the door
Legendary Improvised hip hop stars are simply one of the best live acts around. 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, BBC3′s Live at the Edinburgh Fringe Festival.There is nobody quite like them.
‘A proper party. raucous, expansive and relentlessly Hilarious’ **** The Times
‘I’ve yet to see an audience not go nuts’ **** Fest
‘Extremely talented… a thoroughly entertaining show’ **** The List
“Flight of the Conchords meets 8 Mile” **** – Chortle.co.uk
“Truly innovative” – Guardian
New material from one of the UK’s finest standups. Telly appearances include Live at the Apollo, QI, The Thick of it & Never Mind The Buzzcocks. Sara has recently had massive success with her first book “Animal”.
Foster’s Edinburgh Comedy Award 2014 – Best Show Nominee
“Always clever and sometimes exquisite” – The Independent
“This keeps the audience on its toes intellectually without stinting on humour” **** -The Guardian
“hugely enjoyable” **** – The Evening Standard
****- The Independent **** -Time Out ****- Chortle
A remarkable performer who keeps more surrealism and invention hidden in his trouser leg than most comics have in their whole body.
Best Newcomer nominee at the Edinburgh Fringe 2012
“The overall feeling is of being held hostage by an unhinged genius, toying with you as he decides your fate.” **** – Chortle
“a mix between sinister children’s entertainer and public school teacher” - The Independent
“Ben Target is a breath of fresh, daft air.” – The List
Up and coming stand up who is a previous So You Think You’re Funny? Finalist and a runner-up in the Chortle Student Comedy Awards. He was also nominated for Best Debut Show, Dave’s Leicester Comedy Festival 2016.
“Glenn Moore is tipped for great things”
“Great one-liners, with silly turns of phrase that really shine”
Steve Bennett, Chortle
“Fantastic – brilliantly performed and hysterically written”
MC: BEC HILL
Charming Australian Bec Hill has established herself as one of the most fun and inventive acts on the circuit. She runs the amazingly fun Pun Run gigs and has been named one of Time Out’s funniest comedians on Twitter.
“A powerfully positive attitude that will cheer even the most jaded” **** Chortle
“Bec Hill’s an innovative talent to keep an eye on” – **** Time Out
“Side-splittingly funny” ***** -Three Weeks
|Advance||19:30 - 20:30||£5.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.