A lovely and lively neighbourhood boozer in the heart of Islington that dates back to the 17th Century. They host a wild weekly pub quiz on Tuesdays and throw massive parties every Friday and Saturday night. In between all of this they have comedy, live music and are home to Angel's most buzzing andbeautiful…
Bridget Christie and Ed Aczel Edinburgh previews in Angel
- No reviews.
- The Old Queen's Head
A double-bill of work-in-progress comedy shows for the Edinburgh Festival Fringe by two of Laugh Out London’s favourite comedians BRIDGET CHRISTIE and ED ACZEL.
Date: Tuesday June 28, 2016
Venue: The Old Queens Head, 144 Essex Rd, London, N1 8LN
Nearest station: Angel (7 minute walk)
Time: Doors 7.30pm, Start 8pm
Tickets: £5 advance, £6 on the door
WINNER of Best Show at the Fosters Edinburgh Comedy Awards 2013.
Brand new work in progress show from the stupid idiot and multi award-winning stand-up, Guardian columnist and author of A Book for Her. Bridget is going to die, but what will she leave behind? This and many other things will be discussed, including bigots, the Tories, Motörhead vibrators, aging, water massages and legacies. 'Current queen of crusading UK comedy' (Guardian). 'A cherishable comedian' (Telegraph). 'Queen of satire' (Evening Standard). 'A kind of genius' (Jon Ronson). 'A cool, clear glass of sane' (Caitlin Moran). 'Laser focused and brilliantly sustained' (Independent). 'A revelation' (Observer). 'Very funny' (Radio Times).“’Most original act I’ve seen for years” – Harry Hill
“Avant-garde comedian of prodigious talent” – Guardian
“Utterly entertaining”- The Times
“Hilarious” – The Observer
***** – The Independent, ***** – The Skinny
A real treat for true comedy connoisseurs, Ed Aczel has won praise from critics and comedy fans alike for is unique and downbeat brand of stand up.
Ever thought your relationship with your next-door neighbour is in fact foreign policy? No. Well that's lesson one... If we all practised good manners, what a lovely world we would live in. See how this relates to the current global maelstrom, whatever that is. No Aczel show would be complete without a prediction of the forthcoming apocalypse; this one’s no different. Come along – it'll probably be fine – remember just think peace for a bit guys... yeah? ‘Dead-pan dynamo… very funny’ **** (Mirror). ‘Still the master of the genre’ **** (Scotsman).
The New Yorker described his 2008 show as “one of the strangest, and finest, hours of live comedy I’d ever seen”. He’s one of the most original and brilliant acts on the circuit.
“Britain’s greatest entertainer” ★★★★★ -Time Out
“Perhaps Britain’s greatest living anti-comedian” – The Guardian
“Aczel turns unprofessionalism into an artform” ★★★★ – The Times
|20:00 - 22:00||£5.00|
44, Essex Road, Angel, N1 8LN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.