Offering a fresh perspective on the UK's newest, brightest and best bars, clubs, pubs and events. @LPotton.
From the beautiful minds that bought us Simmons Kings Cross and Simmons Camden, comes The Chelsea Pensioner. Right next to a football ground – we decided to see if these cocktail kings could hit the spot with their new venture. The Venue A stones throw from Stamford Bridge, The Chelsea... Read more >
In the shadow of Liverpool Street station sits Be At One Spitalfields. A cocktail haven if ever there was one; the bar is part of the much loved chain that have practically taken over London with their infectious style and amazing happy hours. The Venue From the outside we could barely see the... Read more >
Core is making a name for itself as a cool and unique alternative to the pubs and wine bars in the City. Tucked between Bank and St Paul’s, this cocktail bar has been the talk of the town, so I decided to see if it lived up to its billing. The Venue On a warm Wednesday evening, the tables... Read more >
The Pietersens are a very high acheiving family; Kevin is a world class cricketer who has captained his country and Bryan is an internationally renowned bar consultant and bar operator, heading up one of London's most famous experimental cocktail bars, Purl in Marylebone. At the launch of their new... Read more >
The ETM Group are known for owning some London finest venues. I’ve been lucky enough to dine with them once before, and it was a real treat; so as I stepped up to The Gun, I was already seriously excited. The Venue In all honesty, The Gun isn’t much to look at from the outside. Cross... Read more >
This summer sees Brazil host the 2014 FIFA World Cup, the biggest footballing event on the planet. If you're like us, you won't be on a beach in Rio soaking up the rays pre-match, you'll be heading to your nearest pub to catch all the action on the big screens. So why not make that experience... Read more >
After being told by a friend that I “just had to go”, I found myself sauntering down to Queen of Hoxton, a stone’s throw from Liverpool Street on Curtain Road– for a Friday night of enjoying the views over East London. The Venue As we stepped inside, we were greeted by a... Read more >
Ask For Janice is essentially two venues for the price of one. The ground floor might best be described as an airy, relaxed dining space with original artwork from Kid Acne and Damien Hirst on the walls and food available to order all day. Locate the non-descript door leading to the basement though... Read more >
The Venue Located inside one of London’s most iconic buildings, The Sterling takes some beating when it comes to city settings. Taking up a portion of the bottom two floors of The Gherkin, this bar mixes city panache with a relaxed vibe. Step inside and you are greeted with a bright airy... Read more >
Spitalfields has some wonderful dining and drinking spots - we all know that - but none are quite like The Culpeper. It's been there since 1884, but if you can't remember that far back no fear, because the venue is back and looking better than ever. Now open on this historical Commerical Road site,... Read more >
Articles by month
- Daniel brothers open third vegetarian site in London's Marylebone
- Co-working just got cool with cocktails, DJs, Pilates and yoga at Shoreditch Platform
- London is getting a ball-pit bar. We repeat, London is getting.....a ball-pit bar.
- Ladybird Bar Angel - London Bar Reviews
- Bōkan set to please Canary Wharf's busy crowds with its idyllic roof terrace & sleek dining experience
- BYOC is finally bringing its 1920s style to East London
- Humble Grape Battersea - London Bar Review
- All Star Lanes Holborn - London Restaurant Bar Review
- The Astronomer - London Pub Review
- Mumford and Sons band member opens live music venue in railway arches
- Ray's Bars serves up a 3 course liquid dinner in new Dalston digs
- Absurd Bird Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Oslo Hackney - London Brunch Review
- We visit Mamalan as they launch their fifth home in Shoreditch
- The Camden Cabaret Club and House of Burlesque put on the ultimate Halloween show
- Quaglino's - London Restaurant Review
- Michelin-Starred chef to open Victorian grocery shop-style restaurant and deli in the City
- Get beating away in the kitchen with a semen cooking class
- The Simmons empire continues to grow, opening a new bar in London's Temple area
- All Star Lanes Brick Lane - London Restaurant Bar Review
- Organic, sustainable and ethically sourced eatery coming to the City.
- Cinnamon Group unveils plans for casual all-day dining in Covent Garden
- Backyard Cinema - London Pop-Up Review
- Legendary Neapolitan pizzeria opens restaurant in London's Stoke Newington
- Cute, kitsch and quirky bar Every Cloud brings a silver lining to Hackney bar scene.
- Savse Winter Wellness Weekend - London Event Review
- Goodman Group replaces Finsbury Park favourite with late-night bar
- Swift hopes to transform London's drinking habits with fast-paced cocktail concept
- Kurobuta King's Road - London Restaurant Review
- Popdown by Cuisson - London Pop-Up Review
- The Diner, The Strand - London Restaurant Review
- You can now chip and dip at the crisp restaurant in Soho
- Clove Club group announce new ‘Britalian’ restaurant in Clerkenwell
- Masked by a few old coats, a Narnia-themed supper club arrives in North London this January
- 5 Fancy Dress New Year's Eve Parties in London
- East London is getting a rooftop, curling pop-up this Winter
- The Jazz Cafe - London Restaurant Review
- Modern Japanese izakaya restaurant launches in Mayfair
- Dirty Bones Shoreditch - London Restaurant Review
- The quirky character of Simmons set to arrive in Camden (VENUE BUILD ON HOLD)
- Carve Your Own Pumpkins in London This Halloween with Our Top Picks
- Suvlaki Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Joe's Southern Table & Bar - London Restaurant Review
- London tops the list at The World's 50 Best Bars 2016 Awards
- There's a new pizza burger in London. Yes, yes there is.
- Former director of L'Atelier des Chefs serves South London succulent steaks at affordable prices
- Buddha Bar - London Restaurant Review
- The Long Bar at Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- The Diner Covent Garden - London Restaurant Review
- Poultry and '60s cocktails are the name of the game for The Holy Birds in Shoreditch
- Comedy Carnival Clapham - London Event Review
- The Restaurant at Sanderson - London Restaurant Review
- Dine like a demogorgon: There's a new Stranger Things Menu at Lucky Chip
- Boxpark is opening in Croydon with more than 30 food stalls.
- Steak restaurant announces sixth site in Borough
- Wright Brothers Spitalfields - London Restaurant Review
- London's first ever tigella restaurant opens on New Oxford Street.
- Yoga with a View - London Event Review
- The Diner Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Dare to bare at London’s naked nightclub in Soho
- VQ Notting Hill - London Restaurant Review
- Belpassi Bros Tooting - London Restaurant Review
- Peruvian superfood and Pisco Sours come to Fitrovia corner-plot
- Blind Spot at St. Martin's Lane - London Bar Review
- Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Brunch We Go - London Event Review
- London's first pink pizza from Zia Lucia celebrates charity and experimentation
- Cocktail bigwig Oskar Klimaszewski to open his own Shoreditch bar.
- New Winter pop-up? Pergola On The Roof returns with a Nordic Forest theme
- The elegant Jamavar brand expands across borders, opening in London's Mayfair
- 5 Pretty Restaurants for Autumn in London
- Marco Pierre White Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Could Emilia's be London's hottest new pasta restaurant?
- The Brackenbury - London Restaurant Review
- The Den at St Martin's Lane - London Afternoon Tea Review
- Lobos secures second tapas restaurant in heralded Frith Street
- Grand old Islington pub restored with a modern twist.
- Levantine pop-up announces permanent site in South Kensington
- Chef David Muñoz brings his Michelin stars to London, opening Street XO in Mayfair
- Small plates with all the flavours of Italy are dish of the day at Popolo.
- 5 NYE Parties in London for Early Birds
- Tootoomoo Islington - London Restaurant Review
- Anchors Up as the London Shell Co. opens a floating restaurant on Regent's Canal
- Purple Bar Sanderson Hotel - London Bar Review
- Pared-back and low-key cocktails are in store for Dalston at Three Sheets.
- BRGR.Co Soho - London Restaurant Review
- Fish your dish? Celebrate Seafood Week with 5 great seafood restaurants in London.
- London's Grind franchise gets set for a new bar opening in Clerkenwell
- Would you pay £1000 for 100 dinner courses?
- Fine wine & delicious French treats meet at Cabotte in Bank
- New Delis Clerkenwell - London Restaurant Review
- Corazon appears on the horizon, moving into Soho's Poland Street
- All Star Lanes Bayswater - London Bowling Bar Review
- A new vegetable-geared restaurant in London that Popeye could be proud of
- BBQ specialists launch first permanent site with a ‘grown-up’ menu
- Peckham's pizza scene gets another name added to its repertoire
- The Bat and Ball - London Bar Review
- Walkers of Whitehall - London Restaurant Review
- The Game's Afoot - London Event Review
- Perilla couples fine cuisine with casual dining in Newington Green
- London's biggest brunch players get a new all-day restaurant at the Metal Box Factory