Downstairs- Future History celebrate five years with an intimate party at Shoreditch's famous disco pub, The Horse & Groom.
Over the last five years Future History have asserted their authority on the London clubbing scene, gaining regular support from Time Out, The Guardian, Don't Panic & London Calling. The nights underground aesthetic and strong principles created the perfect platform for the residents to showcase their unique blend of dance music, as well as some of the worlds top DJs. Bristol's Artifact blurred boundaries, Rory Phillips brought back the heady days of Trash, Cologne's Barnt scaled new heights, Toronto's Brennan Green celebrated the final leg of his european tour, disco royalty Gerry Rooney & Joel Martin debuted their latest project Velvet Season & The Hearts Of Gold, Alex Egan showcased his Draughtsman moniker and Bradley Zero brought the sound of Rhythm Section to Future History.
In recent years Future History residents have hosted rooms for Rinse FM at London's longstanding Ministry of Sound and played across Europe. However, it seems fitting that they return to their roots to mark their fifth year of throwing parties with the residents in full-swing all night long at one of Shoreditch's much-loved boozers, The Horse & Groom. This is a chance to catch the residents look back on five years and towards the next in an intimate setting with beer on tap and therefore entrance will be extremely limited, as such we would advise booking in advance.
while upstairs London Sound Academy are back for our monthly event at Horse & Groom, our favourite Shoreditch rave-up! On the decks we have a troop of A-Grade LSA talent fresh from the academy! Dress to sweat because Horse & Groom is never a tame night out!
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.
This venue serves Pub Food, Burgers, Bar Snacks, Vegetarian Friendly and European food.
A word from the chef:
Burgers and Balls are a fun new pop up from Finn and Robert Smit, two Dutch brothers who nearly fell out when trying to decide with what they should do a burger concept or more traditional Dutch Krokets business. Luckily they where able to see through the madness and created Burgers and Balls!