The Prince of Wales pub & POW form a large music venue with two-tier outdoor roof terrace in Brixton. A great location for late night drinking and dancing. Our 1920s Art Deco dancehall has a sprung wooden dancefloor and a banging Turbosound system with heavyweight bass to get your rump shaking.Dance…
Red Imp Comedy previews presents Robin Ince
ROBIN INCE- CHAOS OF DELIGHT
Star or Radio 4’s Infinite Monkey Cage Robin returns to Edinburgh fringe with two new shows this year and he will try and squeeze both of them into an hour – Chaos of Delight is a show about art, science and shamans, while Satanic Rites of Robin Ince is about when Robin fell in love with horror films and stories, aged eight. It will be another night of rapidly spun tales with lots of stupid voices, idiosyncratic impressions and jumping about.
As a close friend of Ricky Gervais, Ince opened as a support act for his Politics tour in 2004 and his Fame tour in 2007. He also appears on the DVD and often appears in Ricky's video podcasts, mainly being bullied, annoyed and attacked by Gervais.
Ince started his career as a comedy writer, working on The 11 O'Clock Show, for which he also performed as an impressionist, including an impersonation of John Peel. He also appeared in The Office as failed interviewee Stuart Foot.
Watch his hilarious Stewart Lee impression https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTQ9Jetwuv4
Christian Reilly: Gig Economy
Perrier Award-winning musical stand-up takes an axe to austerity and liquidates laughter deficits.
“Blisteringly funny” (The Stage). “If you're a fan of Bill Bailey or Rich Hall, you're a Christian Reilly fan already” (Guardian). “Funniest songs I’ve heard in a long time” (Scotsman). “Seriously funny” (Richard Herring). “Like watching Jack Dee and Bill Bailey simultaneously... I don’t think I’ve ever come so close to hyperventilating with laughter” ***** (The Student). “Seriously catchy tunes... hysterical material” **** (ThreeWeeks). “Amazingly high-quality” **** (Broadway Baby). “Funny sonofabitch” (Rich Hall).
Christian’s first comedy gig was in the Perrier Award-winning show, ‘Rich Hall is Otis Lee Crenshaw’. He is a global comedy circuit headliner and has appeared at numerous international comedy festivals, on BBC radio and TV, and in four series of the Chortle Award-winning stand-up and sketch show ‘Richard Herring: As It Occurs To Me’. In 2015, BBC Radio 4 followed Christian on the road to the Edinburgh Fringe for ‘Lives In a Landscape’. 2016 saw Christian taking his comedy to Australia as part of Perth’s Fringeworld festival. 2018 will see Christian return to the Edinburgh Festival for the seventh consecutive year with a new show.
unreserved everyman for himself
467-469 Brixton Road SW9 8HH
467-469 Brixton Road SW9 8HH
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.