In 1999 The Social opened in Little Portland Street. The brainchild of a record company whose offshoots included a hugely successful underground club night, The Social was set up with a simple manifesto – to provide great music and better booze to anyone who fancied tripping through the doors. Home…
NYE at The Social
Come and see out 2018 and see in the Social’s 20th year on Little Portland St . .
If you’ve been to our NYE party you know it’s the smiles all around party of the year and this year will be no different – except the line up is bigger than ever!
We have the magnificent post-punk party kings DUDS lined up to headline, expect BIG, BIG vibes. DUDS have just come off the back of a sold out Moth Club show and a series of killer festival sets all in preparation for our New Years Eve blowout at The Social, so expect the night of a lifetime.
Alongside DUDS we have the fantastic Madonnatron! Off the back of tours and support slots with like likes of The Moonlandingz, PINS and The Black Lips and universal praise for their debut album from The Quietus, Mojo, Line Of Best Fit and Louder Than War, we’re super pleased they’ve decided to end one year and begin another one here, with us, hanging out, making a proper joyous racket! Can’t wait.
Opening the night is the infamous Ben Wallers playing in his current incarnation – The Rebel. As ex-frontman of art-punk legends Country Teasers he brings lyrical savagery to the table soundtracked by twisted country guitars and backing tracks off gameboys, if thats not a reason to get down early I don’t know what is.
The night will be packed full of DJs including Token Girl DJs, LICE DJs and the full Heavenly Jukebox. Our lovely staff will be serving up amazing drink, chilling the fizz and you, our friends and Social family will hopefully be joining us too.
NYE excellence and good vibes all night. Free party poppers for all.
5 Little Portland Street W1W 7JD
Oxford Circus (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.