Live music from 8pm.
Each week featuring an up and coming artist in the UK.
The soul singer and songwriter based in England known as Myles Sanko released his debut EP record album, titled, “Born in Black & White,” to broad critical and fan acclaim in 2013. The album consists of seven original funk and soul tracks written and performed by Myles, himself, for a total playing time of approximately 22 minutes. The record is composed and played in the style of soul greats such as Bill Withers, Otis Redding, Al Green and James Brown, all of whom Myles names openly and proudly as his main musical influences. A stop-to-finish work of deep grooves and jazzy musical perfection, “Born in Black & White” is certain to be the first in a long line of remarkable and wonderful solo releases from Myles to come.
This guy is just amazing (Craig Charles - BBC Radio 6).
- Dubbed as 'The lovechild of soul music' (Time Out Magazine).
- One of the best soul voices in circulation (Alias Magazine, Italy).
- Music is the language of the soul, and Myles speaks loud and clear (8pistas Magazine, Spain).
- Great sound with a modern twist, we're going to hear a lot more of this guy (Peter Young - Jazz FM).
- Soul for grown-ups! Mellow, thoughtful, intense and really cool, all at once. An album all this good would be one of the albums of the year (Echoes Magazine).
Finding event dates...