Opening our doors in 2001, The Century Club encompasses the perfect place to work, rest and play in the heart of Soho, London. Discreetly hidden behind our modest front door on Shaftesbury Avenue, and aptly named ‘Century’ after our one hundred steps, you will find four floors of exclusive member…
Laugh of the Century
- No reviews.
Join us for our October Comedy Night where we welcome back the Laughing Chili gang for some guaranteed laughs of the Century!
Doors open at 7pm and the show begins at 7:30 promptly.
Members can attend free of charge, a fee of £12.00 is applied to non-members.
Please RSVP to this event by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
JEN BRISTER (Headliner)
Jen is a critically acclaimed stand-up comedian, writer and actor. She is a regular performer on the UK and international comedy circuits.
She has written for BBC Scotland, presented for BBC 6 Music and Juice FM, and has been a regular contributor to magazines and online sites including Diva, g3, Standard Issue and The Huffington Post.
Her appearance on 'Live at the Apollo' was a huge hit., and she has written and performed five solo shows around the world, including at the Melbourne International Comedy Festival, Norway Comedy Box Festival, Comedy Club Asia, Adelaide Festival and the Edinburgh Festival.
She has toured extensively — and is currently supporting Frankie Boyle in London.
Jen has performed with Russell Brand on his radio comedy Cloud Cuckoo for Radio 2, in Kerry Godliman’s sitcom, Kerry’s List, for Radio 4, and has performed stand up on Comedy Central in Live at the Comedy Store.
MATT GREEN (MC)
Matt has been performing stand-up comedy for over ten years at venues all over the UK and across the world. He delivers a mixture of high energy observational and topical jokes combined with more personal stories.
TV and radio credits include: Comedy Lab, Comedy Showcase, Inspector Steine, Cabin Pressure, Ed Reardon's Week, writing on The Now Show & The News Quiz and many more.
For years, Earl has headlined under the byline ‘Musical Genius & Sex Symbol.
He began at the Comic Strip, alongside, Rik Mayall, French & Saunders, Nigel Planer et al.
Among his admirers are such names as Billy Connolly, Sacha Baron Cohen and Eddie Izzard.
Earl has probably performed more ‘encores’ than just about anyone around and his blend of comedy and music is in demand literally around the world.
He is in high demand for both corporate and private parties, having entertained not only Queen Elizabeth II but the king and queen of Sweden, too.
Anecdotal, observational and refreshingly honest, Gerry’s performed across the UK and abroad at The Comedy Club, Jongleurs, The Comedy Store, CKP and many more top circuit venues, not to mention winning his honours along the way; The Comedy Store’s ‘King Gong’, Metrolife Comedy Newcomer, and The Comedy Café’s Best Newcomer Awards.
As an in-demand headline act on the comedy circuit, Gerry also performs regularly at many corporate events.
“All line-ups subject to change without notice”
includes entry to Laugh of the Century
61-63 Shaftesbury Avenue W1D 6LQ
Leicester Square (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.