Discreetly tucked away in the saucy setting of a Victorian bathhouse, Drink, Shop & Do are all about the good times. By day: a mild-mannered King’s Cross café and spritz bar serving specialty teas, coffees, healthy lunches and dreamy cakes. By night: a merry den of drinking and dancing, where…
An Evening Of Comedy
- No reviews.
- Drink Shop & Do
Join us for an evening of top laughs from Nice N’ Spiky Comedy. New material from guest comics trying out ideas for Tour/ TV/ Radio. Including Bobby Mair, Radu Isac, Brett Goldstein, Francis Boulle and Saskia Preston. With Matt Richardson returning as MC following last year's huge Drink Shop Do success.
MATT RICHARDSON (MC)
Virgin Radio drivetime host and former co-presenter of ITV's Xtra Factor, Matt has seen some strange things in his meander through the shallows of celebdom. Finally he can tell you about it.
“High wattage charisma” - The Guardian
An exploding ball of Canadian politeness with a penchant for wispy rage. Bobby brings his ire to everything from fatherhood to terrorism to recipes for pizza. But we’re sure he’s a teddy bear underneath. Maybe a grizzly?
“I still wouldn’t want to share a bus seat with Mair, but an hour watching him onstage is an absolute joy.” - Evening Standard
A professional stand-up in Romania and founder of the inaugural Eastern European Comedy Festival, Radu unleashes his dour view on an unappreciative world.
“A very nice line in misanthropy… a sharp and quirky comic mind.” - Chortle
On the telly in Uncle, The Catherine Tate Show, Drifters or Derek. Brett is here to ruminate upon modern love and laptops. In a funny way.
“While handsome and boyishly charming, Goldstein wields a ready line in self-deprecation.” - The Scotsman
One of the stars of hit podcast and Edinburgh Fringe show Private Parts, when Francis is around tall tales and raucous adventures abound.
“Francis’s dry wit shines through” - Sunday Post
Saskia has made a name for herself as an act who delivers up offbeat one liners and observations in a unique and playful style.
'Interesting, quirky act, alien weirdo with odd observations...very good.' - Chortle
DOORS 7PM - BAR UPSTAIRS OPEN ALL AFTERNOON.
SHOW 7.30PM (includes one break)
PRESENTED BY NICE N’ SPIKY COMEDY
TEAM NICE N' SPIKY HAVE BEEN PROMOTING AND PRODUCING BESPOKE COMEDY SHOWS FOR OVER 15 YEARS – RANGING FROM NEW ACT NIGHTS IN SMALL ROOMS BELOW LONDON PUBS WHERE RHOD GILBERT, ROB BECKETT, JACK WHITEHALL, JAMES ACASTER, SARA PASCOE, TO NAME BUT A FEW, ALL STARTED OUT THEIR CAREERS, TO LARGER SCALE UNIVERSITY GIGS FEATURING ACTS SUCH AS RUSSELL KANE AND ABANDOMAN. NICE N’ SPIKY NOW WORK AT A WIDE RANGE OF VENUES, HAND-PICKING ALL THE COMEDIANS AND PERSONALLY PRODUCING THE SHOWS.
ACTS ARE CORRECT AT TIME OF GOING TO PRESS, IN THE UNLIKELY EVENT THAT A PERFORMER NEEDS TO CANCEL, MANAGEMENT RESERVE THE RIGHT TO BOOK A REPLACEMENT ACT AT SHORT NOTICE.
|19:00 - 22:30||£7.00|
Early Bird Entry
|19:00 - 22:30||£5.00|
9 Caledonian Road N1 9DX
King's Cross St. Pancras (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.