Kansas Smitty’s combines some of the best jazz musicians from around the world with a menu of original drinks to create unforgettable and unique nights. The relaxed and intimate atmosphere of this 60 person capacity basement comes alive when members of the Kansas Smitty’s House Band take the stage…
Kansas Smitty's House Band (Second House)
- No reviews.
- Kansas Smitty's
Kansas Smitty's House Band play at their Broadway Market HQ for their only EFG London Jazz Festival show's of 2018.
From the moment they played their first note five years ago, the Kansas Smitty's House Band has set out to reinvent how audiences experience jazz. The House Band is a tight-knit outfit that make jazz inclusive with an emphasis on camaraderie, spontaneity, and joy.
The eight-piece group were brought together from diverse backgrounds by American woodwind player, Giacomo Smith. Grounded in a shared love for the whole jazz tradition, the group is perpetually inventing new music with the aim that no two shows ever be the same, premiering new music at each show.
2018 has been a landmark year so far. The concept of a jazz band that owns its own bar is unprecedented and their now cult East London home, Kansas Smitty’s, turned three in May. The house band was recently nominated for best UK Jazz Act by Jazz FM, with members of Band appearing at the likes of Royal Albert Hall, Barbican, Friday Night is Music Night, Boileroom and The Rose Hall at Jazz at Lincoln Centre at the request of Wynton Marsalis.
Kansas Smitty’s cares as much about fostering the creation of new original music as it does about leaving audiences energized. Come be part of their new wave of jazz
ticket only for the second house (9.30 doors)
63 - 65 Broadway Market E8 4PH
London Fields (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.