With exposed brick walls, leafy green foliage, and prints from local artists, Hackeny Coffee Company is an East London venue that combines history with simple style. In the same family for more than 60 years, the building has seen life as a working brewery and car garage, before being transformed into…
Strazzanti Sicilian Supper Club Part 4, The Sicilian Opera dei Pupi at Hackney Coffee Company
- No reviews.
- Hackney Coffee Company
The Sicilian Opera dei Pupi
After the success of the first, second & third of our series of Sicilian Supper Clubs which took place within the barns of Hackney City farm & Hackney Coffee Company, we are very excited to announce the Fourth.
Welcoming the 18th century Sicilian tradition into East London and bringing together the community of East London artisans Strazzanti is teaming up with some of the best to create 3 evenings of Sicilian Food & Cocktails.
We will be hosting our Sicilian Supper Club for the 4th time within the hidden gem of Hackney Coffee Company where we will be celebrating a core symbol of Sicilian art the Opera dei Pupi, established as a part of the UNESCO's intangible cultural heritage and an integral part of Sicily’s cultural identity.
We are teaming up with East London set designer & Puppet maker Clea Raguideau who will create by hand a traditional Sicilian Opera dei Pupi representing the art of the Sicilian tradition here in London; suspended over the table setting above a sea of candles and footage of Sicily playing you will be welcomed by a Campari UK cocktail where together with Hackney Coffee Co we will create a twist on a classic Italian drink for the evening.
The three evenings will taste a part of Sicily with the menu designed by Chef & Sister Emilia Strazzanti who will be cooking the menu with the locally sourced artisanal East London & Sicilian produce collaborating with E5 Bakehouse for their Hackney Wild bread and Pasta e Basta for their fresh durum wheat pasta from South Italy.
The Sicilian dinner will be filled with warm memories and Italian culture all to be accompanied by a Campari Cocktail, Sicilian wines, Digestivo and the beautiful surroundings.
This will be a candle lit Sicilian dinner hidden in the middle of East London's Hackney Road.
We are offering a complete Menu with Drinks and with other drinks also available to purchase on the night if desired.
The Menu & Drinks will comprise of a welcome Campari UK Cocktail, 2 glasses of Sicilian wine & a Digestivo.
The Menu (please see above on this page) will contain meat, a vegetarian option is available please make a note how many vegetarian options you require when booking for us!
The Menu will contain nuts, we are able to do a nut free alternative, however, if you have a severe allergy to nuts we are unable to accommodate as there will be traces of nuts.
Sicilan Supper Club 2
Friday Night Menu & Drinks
|19:00 - 23:00||£55.00|
Sicilian Supper Club 3
Saturday Night Menu & Drinks
|19:00 - 23:00||£55.00|
503 Hackney Rd E2 9ED
Cambridge Heath (Rail)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.