LIVAMP Showcase: The Troubadour, 21 May 2015
LIVAMP is a young live concert-streaming platform working in London and New York to help up-and-coming talent reach a wider audience and further their careers. LIVAMP partners with venues and event organisers to uncover emerging talent through high quality live video and tools that connect local artists with the wider industry.
On the 21st May at the iconic music venue The Troubadour, LIVAMP is hosting a gig featuring 5 fantastic up-and-coming artists who have all come through one of the streaming company’s partner venues. The event presents a friendly challenge to the acts with an attractive prize up for grabs: a recording session at Circle Studios with a Grammy-winning engineer and a PR campaign with a reputable music-focused agency. The concert will be watched, in person and online via live stream, by a panel of industry players and judgement will be based on performance, stage presence, technical skill and the acts’ ability to draw in an audience (both at the venue and online), such an essential part of playing on the unsigned scene.
The in-venue panel:
* Dan Roberts, Head of Music, BBC London
* Trevor Gibson, Grammy-award winning engineer and owner of Circle Studios in Birmingham
* James Anniballi, Head Booker for Hot Vox promotions & management * Nick Ford-Young, Founder of meetnjam.com, an online community for musicians
* Emma Bartholomew, music PR consultant for clients including major recording studios, A&R to the sync industry & freelance journalist/broadcaster
The online panel (watching via streaming):
* Patrick Murphy, Universal Music Group, San Francisco
* Coral Williamson, Journalist, Music Week
Haula: Born in Uganda, Haula is a refreshingly original singer/songwriter/pianist based in London, recently played on BBC Radio.
Natalie Shay: A 16-year old rising star who won the Mayor of London Gigs competition aged just 13.
Fingertrap: A crisp, unique, piano-driven rock act with a great blend of power and melody. They performed at the Montreux Festival and have worked with Rolling Stones producer Chris Kimsey.
Aidan Byrne & The Wild Fires: This act performs a great blend of melodic indie/pop rock and folk. They were semi-finalists at Emergenza Birmingham.
Riotous Assembly: An eclectic 7 piece of big basslines, a fat horn section and a dash of soul.
Date: 21 May 2015
Venue: The Troubadour, 263-267 Old Brompton Road, London SW5 9JA
No reviews. Be the first!