A Grade II listed early 19th century building, steeped in history, The Gun is located on the banks of the River Thames in the heart of the Docklands. The Gun takes its name from the cannon, fired to celebrate the opening of the West India Import Docks in 1802 and was allegedly home to Lord Nelson’s…
Riverside Afternoon Tea at The Gun
- No reviews.
Many a time have we heard our loving customers pining for a traditional English afternoon tea by the riverside... so we listened!
Long has The Gun been famous for lovingly crafted cuisine against the backdrop of the River Thames in a 18th century public house so we've assembled the perfect afternoon treat! Enjoy the views, warm yourself by the fire and sample the decadent delights created by head chef Matt Colk.
We'll start your afternoon off with a glass of Prosecco to get everyone in the mood. Once you've settled down it's time for the main event... 3 tiers of delectable afternoon tea. It has everything you'd expect, scrumptious scones and clotted cream, delicately crafted traditional sandwiches and sweet treats to finish off! And nobody should ever go hungry so there's a free refill if you need it! Of course no afternoon tea is complete without a good pot of tea! We have bundles of flavours available so speak to the waiter to see the daily selection!
Looking for something a bit more? We've teamed up with Hendrick's to create a batch of special cocktails that pairs perfectly with the afternoon tea. Served in a traditional tea set in four different concoctions for just £25 each, they're the perfect drink to round off your afternoon!
Available Monday-Saturday from 12-2.30pm or 2.30-5pm.
£35 per person
- Scones, clotted cream and jam
- 4 types of sandwich (smoked salmon & cream cheese / cheddar & pickle / egg mayonnaise / coronation chicken)
- 3 sweet treats (strawberry cheesecake / choux bun & Chantilly cream / chocolate parfait)
- Selection of teas
- glass of Prosecco on arrival
We will endeavour to accommodate all dietary requirements however it may not always be possible to amend the food choices.
Afternoon tea from 12pm-2.30pm. Includes glass of Prosecco, tea and a 3 tier afternoon tea with a complimentary refill.
|12:00 - 14:30||£35.00|
Afternoon tea from 2.30pm-5pm. Includes glass of Prosecco, tea and a 3 tier afternoon tea with a complimentary refill
|14:30 - 17:00||£35.00|
27 Coldharbour, Docklands, E14 9NS
Canary Wharf (Tube)
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.