Boisdale of Canary Wharf opened in summer 2011. The two-floor venue overlooking Cabot Square comprises restaurant, oyster bar and grill, whisky bar, Cuban cigar library and shop and live music venue. The second floor restaurant is decorated in the instantly recognisable Boisdale signature look of lacquer…
HORACE ANDY LEGENDARY REGGAE SUPERSTAR
- No reviews.
- Boisdale of Canary Wharf
ABOUT THE ARTIST:
He has become an enduring voice on the Jamaican music scene. Note his signature early 1970s hit, ’Skylarking’ defining his ability to deliver songs of black determination and social commentary. It topped the Jamaican charts…. but he equally delivers songs of love.
Working with Coxsone Dodd in the early days Andy recorded tunes like ‘See A Man's Face’ and the well-received "Mr. Bassie"
Andy has consistently recorded and performed around the world in his own right with his band and has remained massive in reggae subgenres roots reggae, rock steady, lover's rock and dancehall.
In 1990, he was discovered by the Bristol, England-based trip-hop band Massive Attack, who cited Andy's work as a major influence. He recorded the song "One Love" for their 1991 debut album, Blue Lines, and the band's popularity exposed Andy to a younger generation of fans, many of whom continue to seek out his earlier work.
After Massive Attack launched their own label, Melankolic, they released Skylarking, a compilation of Andy's career hits.
Horace Andy is the only singer of Massive Attack's rotating group of guest artists to appear on each one of the band's albums.
He continues to tour worldwide with Massive.
Horace Andy is delighted to be part of Boisdale at Canary Wharf and will bring you all hit after hit of fine reggae music.
Sourcing the greatest grass-fed Aberdeenshire beef is crucial to Boisdale but equally so is the attention to detail involved in the dry ageing and the actual cutting. All the beef supplied to Boisdale is from the very best certified beef suckler herds of Aberdeenshire Boisdale is wild about game and all manner of chase and fowl find their way to the tables, be it red grouse – the ultimate game bird uniquely indigenous to Scotland and northern England or Highland venison, the regulars’ favourite served hot smoked with a black truffle dressing. Wild fowl, hare, partridge – all can be enjoyed in the Boisdale restaurants when in season.
Gourmets can also delight in arguably the best beef in the world: 28-40 day matured purebred dry aged Aberdeenshire steak as well as other remarkable meat that includes Highland Blackface Lamb.
The most famous Scottish export after whisky - smoked salmon - comes to Boisdale from award-winning, small family-owned farms and smokehouses. Other fish specialities include the diver-gathered Orkney King scallops, Loch Ryan native oysters, organic West Minch salmon from South Uist, sweet dill-pickled herring from the Summer Isles, as well as abundant varieties of other seafood.
Show Only - Live Music Standard Ticket
<p>Table in the middle to back of the room with full view of stage + amazing cocktails, wine and award winning whiskey lists and food menus available</p>
|21:15 - 22:30||£29.50|
Window Dinner & Show ticket
Window view table overlooking Cabot Square & Fountain with partial view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu with seven choices per course covering all dietary requirements
|21:15 - 22:30||£89.50|
Standard Dinner & Show Ticket
Standard music tickets and table towards the back of the room with side view of stage with a delicious 2-course menu with seven choices per course covering all dietary requirements
|21:15 - 22:30||£99.50|
Premium Dinner & Show Ticket
Premium music tickets & dining table with a full view of stage & a delicious 3-course menu with seven choices per course covering all dietary requirements including a glass of Premier Cru Champagne on arrival
|21:45 - 23:45||£119.50|
VIP Dinner & Show Ticket
VIP music tickets & dining table within 5 meters of stage (full closest view) & a delicious 3-course menu with seven choices per course covering all dietary requirements & a glass of Veuve Cliquot
|21:15 - 22:30||£149.50|
Cabot Place, Canary Wharf, E14 4QT
Canary Wharf (Tube)
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.