Head to The Courtesan to delight in the fineries of Imperial China and indulge in their new speakeasy, now open late on the weekends, with DJ's, live music and performance on Friday and Saturday nights till 2am. The venue is a Dim Sum restaurant and late-night cocktail bar hidden among the crux of Brixton…
House of Meihua : Sunday Supper Club
- No reviews.
- The Courtesan
FOLLOWING THE SUCCESS OF OUR FIRST EVENT, WE'RE BACK AGAIN WITH MORE SCINTILATING BURLESQUE & CABARET! LINE UP TO BE ANNOUNCED SOON!
"The plum blossom, known as the meihua (Chinese: 梅花; pinyin: méihuā), is symbol for resilience and perseverance in the face of adversity, because plum blossoms often bloom most vibrantly even amidst the harsh winter snow. The plum blossom is seen as a symbol of winter and a harbinger of spring. The blossoms are so beloved because they are viewed as blooming most vibrantly amidst the winter snow, exuding an ethereal elegance, while their fragrance is noticed to still subtly pervade the air at even the coldest times of the year"
Like the Meihua, burlesque and cabaret has shone brightest through some of history's most difficult times, bringing vibrance and beauty into a darkened world.
Courtesan brings you a new night full of wonder for all the senses with a rich line up of some of London's top burlesque and cabaret talent to enjoy alongside it's premier selection of dim sum, cocktails and female led wine list.
MISS CHERRY ON FIRE
An experienced Brazilian pin up model, Cherry first entered the world of burlesque working as a stage manager at a number of shows across London. A fiery temptress, Miss Cherry on Fire embraces the vintage aesthetic and old glamour whilst fusing it with her Latin spirit and sizzling performances . Cherry on Fire has also performed in America, Germany, Switzerland, Poland and Brazil!
Cherry currently holds the title of "Slavic Burlesque Queen" - Slavic Burlesque Festival 2017
Demi Noire uses all the talents in her little naughty tool box to bring sexy, funny and quirky characters to the world of burlesque . A trained dancer and professional actress with a love of all things cabaret she has travelled the globe entertaining and has even been on the telly!! Her credits include House of Burlesque 2.0 (Underbelly Festival), Folly Mixtures Stars and Strpers , Café de Paris, The Box, Gin House Burlesque, Hackney Empire and VIP Rooms (Paris) to name but a few. Demi Noire prides herself on making her audience giggle, scream and shout while she shakes her caboose with sass and style! An all-round entertainer – this one is strictly for the adults."
Treading the delicate line between light and dark - Eliza brings you old Hollywood glamour wrapped in something a little more mysterious. She's traveled from San Francisco to Stockholm, Cairo to Chicago and everywhere in between with her unwavering elegance and passion. Voted one of the UK's top 20 burlesque artists 2013, '14, '15, '16 & 17, competitor at The Burlesque Hall of Fame, Las Vegas 2013 and winner of both British & International crowns (World Burlesque Games 2012 & 2014).
And your host...
Gin drinking cabaret darling, musical comedy misfit, drag clown and acid tongued ringmaster. Living somewhere between the stages of music, theatre and comedy, Joe Black takes an audience firmly by the hand and guides them into a place where the strange and unusual reign supreme.
No stranger to the absurd, Joe Black creates a world where the shocking is the sublime and the ridiculous is the beautiful.
One of the leading figures in the dark cabaret genre, Joe Black has toured extensively across the UK, Europe, Australia and America. He has raised the roof at the British Library in london, astounded the rock elite at the 'Kerrang!' Awards and headlined music and arts events worldwide.
He has also toured and performed alongside the likes of Eddie Izzard, The Tiger Lillies, David J, Voltaire, Toyah Wilcox, rasputina and Duke Special. By whom he was invited to headline an evening in Belfast at a week long curated event by Duke Special himself.
Joe Black is also a regular performer for the infamous 'Torture Garden' nightclub and hosts and curates a sell out residency in the opulent and lavish edwardian 'Kings Theatre' in Hampshire
Dubbed by Vanity Fair Italia as "Not to be missed".
"Charismatic and downright filthy" by Broadway Baby…
"More seamless than a Venusian onesie" by the Belfast Telegraph...
"Indecent hilarity" by Time Out Melbourne…
and "Nothing can detract from his blood curdling brilliance" by the Reading Chronicle….
Joe Black is a constantly evolving cabaret chameleon, blurring the lines of decency within entertainment and continues to drive music and performance into strange new realms.
We're very concerned.
Get the best view in the house with a seat in our restaurant area. Please call the restaurant to reserve your table upon purchasing.
69 - 73 Atlantic Road SW9 8PU
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.