Brixton's hidden pleasure bar. Cocktails, parties, local brews and bangin' Sunday roasts. A welcoming independent place where for you to eat, drink and party. Somewhere in Brixton there’s a door. Behind the door there’s a staircase. Upstairs there’s a party, and the party is yours. There’s drinks…
Hop & Roll Supper Club
- No reviews.
- Beast of Brixton
Following their sell-out Beast debut, Hop & Roll are back to serve up the finest Sri Lankan hoppers in London!
Before the five course meal there's a cocktail reception and a live cooking demonstration from Rosheana. During your meal there'll be plenty of background on the cuisine and history of this wonderful Sri Lankan dish and the deliciously filling curries and sides that accompany it.
Rosheana's authentic hoppers are filled with homemade, spicy sambols and curries, as well as delicious mutton, egg and fish rolls on the side. They're cooked fresh to order, providing a theatrical live cooking element. and don’t compromise on spice or the renowned flavours of Sri Lanka: sweet, chilli, coconut and lime.
Sri Lankan food is an increasingly popular cuisine in London, and Rosheana and her team are excited to bring her hoppers to the supper club food scene, partnering with The Beast of Brixton, the home of exciting supper clubs in South London. This event will be a night to remember, with a four course feast, a traditional Ceylon Arrack welcome cocktail, and the live cooking of hoppers for guests to watch. If you want to be part of this unique and atmospheric supper club then take a look at our menu and book on today!
Ceylon Arrack Pina Colada
Coconut chilli chickpeas
Handmade Mutton Roll with tamarind sauce
Mutton and potato curried roll, wrapped in a pancake, breadcrumbs and deep fried
Handmade Mackerel and Egg Roll with tamarind sauce
Mackerel and potato curried roll with egg, wrapped in pancake, breadcrumbs and deep fried
Bowl shaped Sri Lankan pancake made from fermented rice flour and coconut milk and a fried egg inside, served with the following roti, curries and sambols:
Pol Roti - Coconut roti flecked with red onion and chilli
Seeni Sambol - Sweet onion chilli and tamarind relish
Pol Sambol - Coconut chilli relish
Devilled potatoes - Spicy potato curry
Mutton curry - tender pieces of boneless mutton slow cooked in a spicy coconut sauce
Coconut custard pudding made of coconut milk, jaggery, eggs and various spices, garnished with pistachio nuts
A quick note for those with food allergies:
This menu is dairy free. Our nibbles contain mustard, starters contain gluten, egg and fish. Mains contain gluten, nuts, peanuts, sesame seeds, mustard and fish. The dessert contains egg and nuts. While we can remove food items from your experience by request, we can't guarantee any food to have not been prepared in an environment free from allergens. If you have a serious allergy and are in doubt please do not book.
|19:00 - 23:00||£39.00|
|19:00 - 23:00||£39.00|
89B, Acre Lane, SW2 5TN
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.