The Islington Metal Works in North London is a fully licensed, flexible event space. Found tucked behind Angel tube, this warehouse space, built in the late 19th century hosts some of the most famous, unique and eclectic events in the city. The disorientating layout of this incredible warehouse…
Rumpus: Plasticine vs Pleistocine!
- No reviews.
- The Islington Metal Works
You’ve been asking for this for SEVEN years!
The art of the party is in the start!
New Years’ Eve Eve is the New New Year’s Eve!
For the first time in this fair capital of ours, you can start off the count down to New Year’s Eve with the magic, music, mystery and mayhem that is Rumpus!
Dip into the Dark Ages and the bizarre beasts of the Pleistocene or mould your model future for the year to come.
But never forget that this is the unofficial celebration of the 70th birthday of one of Rumpus’ longstanding regulars and High Duke of the DJ decks, Mr Bill Vincent aka DJ The Alchemist. A celebration beyond compere!
Dress Code Suggestions
Wondrous Woolly Mammoths, Delicate Dire Wolves, Pretty Putty, Salacious Sabre-toothed Tigers, Magically Modelled Manikins, Cute Cave Bears, Play Doh-elicious Divas, Gyrating Glyptodons, Curvaceous Claymation,
Gypsy Hill - intoxicating balls out Balkan with beats and feats to lift you up on a carnival tsunami.
Barbarella’s Bang Bang - wave hello to happiness as you’re whirled away by these fast and frenzied maestros
Paradise Moist - get your feet jumping, your heart pumping and your grind bumping.
Troz Minster - funky flavours and rinsing riddims for bodypoppers and big grinners
Roger Wilko - banging beats to keep up the heat to dawn and beyond!
Swing & Bass - where Bowler Hats meet Bass-Bins and Lindy-Hop meets Booty-Pop.
WBBL - serving you up some booty shaking naughty wobblers & basslines
Tuxedo Junction - Dutty Bass has never looked so classy.
Tropigwana - Infused beats with a Tropical Bass twist - get the reefers and martinis out and dance!
Fizzy Gillespie - Tear up the dance floor in a Vintage Soundclash style!
Dan de’Lion - Bounce from the tree tops and swing from the vines with this rowdy feral jungle cat!
The Bard - Narrating your gyrating!
Ekim - your feet will be tapping to boom bappin’ bass and delectable scratch gold.
Ali Baba - Reality warping Mystical Genie man, Ali Baba says “Open Sesame” immerse yourself in a catacomb of phat bass Vintage sounds
Tantz - you’d best be wearing both belt and braces as these meshugeners whirl onto the stage
Discount Orchestra - feet-twistingly visceral mania
Penny Metal - boldly playing music no-one else dares!
Len Hovis - devilish and delectable banging beats from this slack of all trades and master of fun!
NeoPink: NeoDroid - A performance DJ experience with live Djembe drumming over a pulsating African rhythm infused electronic dancescape. There may be DROiDs
The funkiest place in time and space will be wormhole-ing it's way into being in the here and now, straight from 1979 - where the duttiest of disco divas bump hips with famous artists and the real world instantly melts out of view. Escape into the embrace of a soulful sista, and slide into the most soothing of grooves. You never have to wake up if you just keep dancing.
Paul Hanford (of Hoxton Radio)
Andy Warhol (of The Factory)
My Mate Luke (of London's Cheeky Soundsystem)
Bring your latest artwork and Warhol might just turn you into a new art superstar.
Salvador Dali will, of course, be offering surrealist portraits to our raffish revellers whilst the miasmic maelstrom whirls around him.
Courtyard - The funkiest inside outside space featuring DJ The Alchemist and playmates. Music to keep you bouncing all night and into the day. But most importantly, this is the unofficial birthday of our very own Bill Vincent aka DJ The Alchemist. A legend in his own life-time and one of the most dillenttante dinosaur DJs of the oh so modern age.
Room 6 - Wonderland Cafe
Let these magical whimsical Wonderland Creatures treat you with kindness, tea and cake. An oasis of Creature comfort in the whirlwind of Rumpus mayhem
Room 7 - Rumpus CineRave
Get your freak on with VJ Harper and her synaptic snapping visuals.
|Super Quantum Ticket of Doom||-||£12.50|
|Super Cheap Advance Ticket||-||£15.00|
|Super Advance Ticket||-||£20.00|
|Full Price Ticket||-||£30.00|
Kith & Kin group ticket
5 tickets for the price of 4
7 Torrens St EC1V 1NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.