The Islington Metal Works in North London is a fully licensed, flexible event space. Found tucked behind Angel tube, this warehouse space, built in the late 19th century hosts some of the most famous, unique and eclectic events in the city. The disorientating layout of this incredible warehouse…
Rumpus: Fantastic Beats and Where To Find Them!
- No reviews.
- The Islington Metal Works
Welcome, Creatures to the magical, mystical and musical world of Rumpus.
Imagine the bastard child of Pokemon Go and an ancient grimoire spread across 7 rooms of the best live music and most delectable DJs.
But this time, you are the Creatures. Find your inner magical beast and bring it to the party! Collect as many other Creatures as possible. Then set them to battle each other; create a mini-society or just buy them all a drink.
You are the hunters and the hunted!
We would like to announce that, following the unprecedented success of our panda breeding programme, we are expanding into unicorns. Please do not be alarmed if you happen upon a burly and dashing unicorn hunter. It is all part of our benevolent plan. We aim to save the species by providing a safe place for them to replenish their numbers.
We would like a reassure all Creatures there will be no pandas at this event. The Panda does not feature in world of magic, neither is it a known musical rhythmic device.
Pert pixies, bouffant bass beats, positively no pandas, flamboyant phoenixes, quiversome quavers, daring drum-beats, definitely no pandas, mambo-ing minims, bedazzled basilisks, scintillating syncopation, pouting puffskeins, badass back-beats, tumescent trolls, absolutely no pandas at all, shimmering semi-breves, curvaceous chimeras, bootilicious break-beats, happy hoo-hoos, glamorous grindylows, coruscating crotchets, saucy sasquatches, zero pandas.
Whilst we are loathe to enforce a dress code, we are duty bound to express that it would be singularly inappropriate for any pandas to attend this event.
For inspiration, information and ingenuity check out our Pinterest board here
Johnny Kowalski and the Sexy Weirdos - We couldn’t book Jacob Kowlaski so we went one better and captured a (probable) relative with awesome musical gifts
Galactic Funk Militia - These guys blew us away at a pub gig to such an extent we vowed to bring them to Rumpus so you, too, could enjoy the swagger and unalloyed joy they bring
Paradise Moist - get your feet jumping, your heart pumping and your grind bumping.
Sacha Dieu - Have a fling with the king of electro swing!
Clan Dextine - journey through bass and time, from swing to ska, blues to balkan, roots to rave and beyond!
Come party with the National Carnival Collective, Fiesta Bombarda! Creatures of carefree joyousness. Carnival-esque caperings and sunshine inspired sounds, trip the light fantastic through Fiesta funtimes. Immerse yourself in a Dub, Afrobeat & Funk showdown.
Crinkle Cuts - revel in the eccentric, exotic and eargasmic physchedelic tapestry of good vibes.
King Cassady - let the hypnotic Latin rhythms and interwoven guitars strum you to dervish dance floor ecstasy
Mister Nice - The DJ that is so succulent, sweet, lovely and nice, we just had to have him back!
Dr Amaqueen - damm funkie tunes and dancing dressing sharp...the Doctor is in!
NeoPink: NeoDroid - A performance DJ experience with live Djembe drumming over a pulsating African rhythm infused electronic dancescape. There may be DROiDs
Kamao Trio - Sooth your soul and get your toes tapping with this magical menagerie of manouche musicians.
The Flamenco Thief - get your stamp on with this percussive guitarist
Garance and the Mitochondries - dance along with Garance and the rag tag ensemble of gifted rogues from the street corners of London
Kazoo Orchestra - Free your inner child with the manic joy of the Rumpus Kazoo Orchestra
Faith I Branco - Feel the frenzy in your feet, party apace!
DJ Bop Gun - Funk to the maximum groove.
DJ The Alchemist brings you a gaggle of glorious DJs to keep you happily hopping and jauntily jigging the whole night through in our creatively chilled indoor outdoor space. Featuring the uplifting Rosebud Lix, the jaw-dropping James PB, and the gorgeous Graham Edensounds as well as the one and only Awesome The Alchemist.
The epitome of civilized sophistication. Tea and cakes with these magical and charitable Wonderland Creatures.
Room 7 - Rumpus Cinerave
VJ Harper - You’re sure to snag some fresh beats and mad visuals with our resplendent resident VJ.
|Super Quantum Ticket of Doom||22:00 - 06:00||£12.50|
|Super Cheap Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£15.00|
|Super Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£20.00|
|Advance Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£25.00|
|Full Price Ticket||22:00 - 06:00||£30.00|
7 Torrens St EC1V 1NQ
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.