Mark Grist 'Rogue Teacher'
Dubbed as ‘an internet sensation’ (Sun) and ‘unlikely heart-throb’ (The Guardian), Mark Grist went from being an English teacher to defeating a grime artist in a ‘student vs teacher’ rap battle that attracted over 4 million hits on YouTube.
In his one man show, Rogue Teacher, Mark takes you on a journey from over enthusiastic English teacher to world-wide rap battle sensation, as he leaves teaching to pursue his life long dream of being a full time artist.
This is a laugh out loud roller coaster ride of an adventure, combined with one of the most honest and and absorbing stories you’ve ever heard. One thing’s for sure – you’ll never look at English teachers in the same way again.
Mark is an artist and educator based in Peterborough. He writes poems and live shows that tour all around the world. Recent commissions have included work for The Royal Institute, BBC Radio 1, Radio 1 Xtra, Channel 4, Film 4, Red Bull, The National Maritime Museum and Google. When not writing commissions, touring or playing board games he’s working on new poetry vids for his Youtube channel.
Mark is an ex English teacher who shot to fame doing Battle Raps as ‘The Count of Monte Gristo’ and turned that into a sell-out true-life storytelling show called ‘Rogue Teacher’. He tours as a poet with the ‘Dead Poets’ crew and is a regular festival performer.
Tellit is the UK's first ever festival of true-life storytelling featuring a week of shows, events and workshops across London celebrating 'truth' through various art-forms. For full programme information click here
'Grist's heart is engaged and he has a great story to tell' The Guardian
'Grist is a passionate, engaging man; it's easy to see why he was such an inspirational teacher, and why he's such a successful performer' Three Weeks
'It's a rare thing to find a show so introspective that also believes in something more than itself' Broadway Baby
|Standard||19:30 - 22:00||£12.00|
Exmouth Market Church Hal Exmouth Market EC1R 4QE
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.