L'amour Wine & Food Pairing Evening at Three Wise Monkeys Colchester
- No reviews.
- Three Wise Monkeys Colchester
Join us on Tuesday 7th February for our L'amour Wine & Food Pairing evening featuring Argentinian Wines.
Enjoy as we take you through four-courses of seasonally inspired food and wine at Three Wise Monkeys - in collaboration with independent and local wine merchants and suppliers, Street Wines.
Hosted by General Manager of Three Wise Monkeys Colchester Charlie Rogers and Founder of Street Wines, Neils Dubro. Together, they will draw on their knowledge and experience, taking you on a journey of the world through wine, investigating the new and old worlds of wine and discussing what it is that makes food and wine work so well together.
L'amour Wine & Food Pairing evening featuring Argentinian Wines begins at 7pm on our restaurant floor
Tickets are priced at £30 + booking fee or £25 via the Monkey App. The wines tasted will be available to purchase and take home on the night
Over 18s only.
Guests with specific dietary requirements or with allergies should contact the team email@example.com prior to ticket purchase.
Access - There is no lift to access the restaurant floor of Three Wise Monkeys. There are two flights of stairs to reach the restaurant floor.
About the hosts
Neils Dubro - Founder, Street Wines
Street Wines are a passionate and fun wine merchant, built on the personal journey of founder Neils Dubro. Having discovered wine on adventures around Italy, Neils built up his knowledge of wine through books sourced from charity shops and through landing his first job in wine at Oddbins; a brilliant and unusual company that formed an education of wine and wine regions.
Pairing passion with risk during the recession when the shop closed & Neils was made redundant, he risked it all purchasing good wines he had learnt about, putting them on a list & then taking it around the streets to previous customers, bars & restaurants, forming its namesake, Street Wines.
The business has grown and thrived on two founding principles: buy quality and treat everybody with kindness
Street Wines stayed true to its name and remains available via order and delivery, an important factor in offering unbeatable value. There is no minimum order and delivery is free (often on the same day) to Colchester & nearby areas. Delivery outside of Colchester is £12. Street Wines specialise in two areas - Everyday Wines, offering quality mixed cases for £75, & Classic Wines from family producers as well as featuring many different wines sourced from auctions & private collections.
Charlie Rogers - Operations Manager, Three Wise Monkeys and F.B.I.I.
Charlie’s passion for wine began with a trip to the Northeast of France to visit one of the battlefields in Verdun with his Father, where their ancestors had fought in the great war. This was followed by a trip to the Champagne House, Laurent Perrier, where some of his surviving relatives worked.
Since then Charlie has gone on a discovery of places and people within the wine community, tasting and developing a deeper understanding; learning about the specific characteristics that wine brings to a meal and how it can enhance experience.
When it comes to Three Wise Monkeys, Charlie brings quality, careful selection and balance to the wine menu, changed seasonally. The wine list features great wines from local supplier Street Wines, to compliment the food menu. The list represents the best of the major wine regions be it Old world or New World as well as the popular wines favoured by guests and a few really great lesser known choices.
A career spanning over 20 years in the drinks and pub industry, in 2006, Charlie was recognised by the British Institute of Innkeeping and made a Fellow of the organisation and awarded for a number of his efforts in the industry.
In 2018, Charlie and his partner purchased a dilapidated farm in South West France, near the great wine regions of Bordeaux, Cahors and Bergerac. Charlie’s summers are spent doing up the farm piece by piece, benefited by a very decent supply of wine located nearby!
60 High St, CO1 1DN
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.