When You Fall Down
- No reviews.
- Town and Gown Pub & Theatre
When You Fall Down
The Buster Keaton Story
The award-winning musical about the silent era’s greatest star comes to the Town and Gown Theatre.
Through slapstick, songs and soft shoe shuffle, follow the triumphs and trials of film star Buster Keaton making his iconic movies.
As the world whirls around, with his marriage failing, his best friend on trial, his career in danger and turning to the bottle, Buster must hit his mark as he films his most dangerous ever stunt.
With music, mime, magic and re-creations of Buster’s routines, this show is a tribute to a man who always got back on his feet, no matter how many times he fell down.
Endorsed by The International Buster Keaton Society, the show toured the UK in 2018, including an appearance at The Other Palace and a month long run with sell-out crowds at Pleasance Edinburgh. The show also travelled to Paris and the USA, where it was performed for Buster’s own family.
Written and performed “in true Buster Keaton fashion” (Mind The Blog) by James Dangerfield, don’t miss the chance to see this “amusing and heartbreaking” (Voice Mag) new musical.
Winner of ThreeWeeks Editors’ Choice Award 2018
Musical Theatre Review’s Best Musical at The Fringe Nominee 2018
★★★★★ “In this exquisite new one-man show… Dangerfield’s dance, mime and physicality are riveting.” ThreeWeeks
★★★★ “It’s a thrilling 50 minutes…bringing Buster to life before our very eyes… I urge you to see it.” LondonTheatre1
★★★★ “An impeccable performance and a sublime show…full of slapstick, beautiful music and a dash of pathos”. Mind The Blog
★★★★ “Amusing and heartbreaking…the show is a joy”. Voice Mag
★★★★ “Entertaining, engaging and full of charm”. London Pub Theatres
★★★★ “His vocal talents on full view throughout the performance.” London Theatre Reviews
★★★★ “Loose-limbed clowning and sketch re-enactments… a joy to watch.” Reviewsphere
When You Fall Down - Evening
Admit one 8pm
|20:00 - 21:00||£14.00|
When You Fall Down - Matinee
Admit One 3pm
|15:00 - 16:00||£14.00|
Pre-Theatre Dining - Evening
2 Courses Set Menu
|18:30 - 20:00||£15.95|
Pre-Theatre Dining - Matinee
2 Courses Set Menu
|13:30 - 15:00||£15.95|
Town and Gown Pub & Theatre, 8, Market Passage, Cambridge, CB2 3PF
TICKETS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE and NON EXCHANGEABLE
Changes can be made to ticket purchases subject to availability and may not be an option for certain events. Changes will incur a £2.50 per ticket administration fee. This is offered at the discretion of the venue.
LATECOMERS - Please be aware that due to the intimate setting of the Town and Gown Theatre that latecomers MAY not be admitted. Please leave sufficient time for arrival as refunds will not be given if you cannot be admitted due to arriving late.
1. The ticket holder voluntarily assumes all risks and danger incidental to the event for which the ticket is issued, whether occurring prior, during or after the event. The ticket holder voluntarily agrees that the management, venue, event participants, DesignMyNight (WFL Media Ltd) and all of their respective agents, officers, directors, owners and employers are expressly released by the ticket holder from any claims arising from such causes.
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.