Men's Mental Health Talk
November is men’s mental health month and to mark it, we’re bringing together a panel of brave, open, and honest men to have a chat about all things mental health on the evening of 30th November.
The importance of raising awareness surrounding men’s mental health is huge. The damage that can be caused by stereotypes and expectations has led to a culture where many men feel unable to openly discuss or seek help for their mental health.
We are here for the evening to just talk and more importantly be heard.
Everyone is welcome.
Joining our panel will be Guy Lloyd, Jon Wilde, Russ Kane, Peter Kyle MP and John Partridge.
Guy Lloyd is a TV and radio presenter, supporting men’s mental health because he hopes his own struggles and experience can help others. ‘The most powerful thing we can do is talk, bring it out in to the open and help remove the stigma that still lingers around an illness that so many people suffer from.’
A former journalist. Jon Wilde found a way out of anxiety and depression through mindfulness practice. He now works as a mindfulness
teacher, mentor and recovery coach in Brighton.
Russ Kane is a broadcaster, author & stand-up. He is the Co-Founder of the multi-award-winning Men's Radio Station which focuses on mental health & well-being. ‘I’m delighted to be on the panel, as anything we can do to remove the stigma surrounding mental health, especially in men, is a step in the right direction. We need to help men really talk.’
Peter is the MP for Hove & Portslade and Shadow Schools Minister. He is thrilled to be part of the panel at this event to talk about his passion for getting young people the best start in life and use his experience working on improving mental health help for prisoners in jail.
John Partridge is an English actor, dancer, singer, panelist and television presenter, who is probably best known for the role of Christian Clarke in the BBC’s EastEnders. He has worked extensively as a singer and dancer in musical theatre, portraying Rum Tum Tugger in the official film production of Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical Cats. And also won Master Chef too! “It’s not a pandemic, disease or virus. Yet poor mental health kills more men each year than anything else. I’m on the panel to share but primarily to listen. Talking through your feelings gives you space to workout what is going on."
*All proceeds from ticket sales will be donated to Heads on charity and Men’s talk radio.
|Men's Mental Health Talk||19:00 - 21:30||£10.00|
Rockwater, Western Esplanade, BN3 4FA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.