A seriously creative space in the heart of the Custard Factory (within Birmingham's ever creative location of Digbeth, think earlier days of Shoreditch) that was waiting for owners who have launched The Mockingbird to take hold. This theatre and bar offers so much for anyone's food, drink and entertaining…
Film and Live Music: The Blues Brothers
- No reviews.
- The Mockingbird Cinema and Kitchen
Nadafilm and The Mockingbird presents....
Sound. Films. Live.
nada [naad]: mystic sound; subtle sound accompanied by an effulgence
Nadafilm brings live music to the world of iconic films. Seminal soundtracks are bought to life by the accompaniment of a live band before, during and after the feature presentation.
This is not a live score, nor a foyer band, this is a carefully selected schedule of your favourite film with intermissions of live music. Throw in at-seat service of craft beer and snacks, themed decor and prepare yourself to see films in a way in which you’ve never seen them before.
The Blues Brothers, July 23rd, doors 8pm (arrive 7.30pm)
Comedy classic from the 'Saturday Night Live' stable which comes packed with car chases, music and cameo appearances. Blues brothers Jake and Elwood (John Belushi and Dan Ackroyd) have sold their souls to rhythm'n'blues, but still lend a hand when the church orphanage in which they were raised is threatened with closure. Resolving to get their old band together and stage a fund-raising gig, the brothers have God on their side but everyone else against them - and that includes a bunch of Country and Western rednecks, an angry chapter of neo-Nazi thugs, the massed ranks of the Chicago police force, and Jake's psychotic ex-girlfriend Camille (Carrie Fisher).
Tom Walker (Vocals / Guitar) Deano Bass (Bass Guitar) & Jim Simpson (Drum Set)
Advance ticket purchase entry
|20:00 - 23:00||£15.00|
Entry with DRINK included
Entry including "the orange whip" cocktail (as made famous by the film).
|20:00 - 23:00||£18.00|
Mockingbird House, The Custard Factory, Gibb Street, B9 4AA
2. Tickets are issued subject to the rules and regulations of the venue.
3. Please check your tickets, as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
4. Occasionally, events are cancelled or postponed by the promoter, team, performer or venue for a variety of reasons. If the event is cancelled, please contact us for information on receiving a refund from the responsible party. If the event was moved or rescheduled, the venue or promoter may set refund limitations. It is your responsibility to ascertain the date and time of any rearranged event.
5. The venue reserves the right to refuse admission and may on occasion have to conduct security searches to ensure the safety of the patrons.
6. Every effort to admit latecomers will be made at a suitable break in the event, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
7. We regret that tickets cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase.
8. Tickets are sold subject to the venue or promoter's right to alter or vary the programme due to events or circumstances beyond its control without being obliged to refund monies or exchange tickets.
9. If this ticket is re-sold or transferred for profit or commercial gain by anyone other than the promoter, venue management, DesignMyNight or one of their authorised sub-agents, it will become voidable and the holder may be
refused entry to or ejected from the venue.
10. The venue may operate a No Smoking Policy.
11. The promoter, venue management and DesignMyNight accept no responsibility for any personal property.
12. The event listed on the purchased ticket is strictly for ticket holders who are over 18 years of age. Identification may be required.